Tuesday, April 15, 2014

(NOT "working AGAINST gravity" HELPS!)


So, I was recently "measured"--by my UPPER body trainer--as ~5'7.5" tall.

Since I've NEVER been that "tall", I'm thinkin' that THAT measurement/approximation MAY HAVE a LOGICAL explanation.

Over the last ~5.76 YEARS, I have spent the MAJORITY of my time either SITTING (in a wheelchair) or LYING DOWN (sleeping OR in a coma).

So, MATHEMATICALLY , (I just pushed up my glasses.  My voice just raised an octave AND became QUITE nasal-like/-esque.) that's 

~9.8 m/s^2

NOT "pressing AGAINST" my "rate of GROWTH".

(IF I had a SECOND "point"--i.e. "my height at a DIFFERENT point of time", I could calculate the "DISPLACEMENT".  Then, I would take its DERIVATIVE to determine the "rate of change"--"velocity".  FINALLY, I'd derive THAT function to get my "ACCELERATION of growth".)


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive