Saturday, October 12, 2013

I am a TEACHER.

... DESPITE my INABILITY to CONSISTENTLY, COGENTLY speak,
I STILL managed to teach my mom the PROPER "form" for punching.



1) Clench your fingers TIGHT in a CLOSED fist.

2) Lay thumb OVER CLOSED, TIGHTENED fingers.

3) ... The thumb SHOULD BE resting on the CLOSED middle finger.

4) The TIGHTENED fist SHOULD rest along the SIDE of the body.
It's STILL TIGHTENED--palm UP--along the ~FOURTH rib.

5) INHALE air BEFORE striking to "oxygenate"/"fuel" muscles.

6) When striking, the CLENCHED fist SHOULD drag along the side of the stomach--with the fist STILL fingers facing UP.

7) RIGHT BEFORE striking the target, one OVERTURNS the fist to 'front punch' desired target with an OVERHANDED strike/punch.

8) Make sure to EXHALE during the contact.

9) BE SURE to maintain a TIGHT, CLENCHED throughout the strike to protect OWN fingers.

...

(Granted, my mom didn't execute a PROPER punch until her 14th try,)
(1/14 = .71428 = ~71.43%)


(... Japanese '"martial arts"-teacher' = 'sensei')
(... I AM one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive