Wednesday, March 6, 2013

... "HEY! My body has a mind of its own! IT DOESN'T LISTEN TO ME!"

... (--'The Bone Collector')
(GREAT, INSPIRING FILM!)


... I ESPECIALLY noticed these words when I recently "ventured" into a new workout facility, with a new trainer.
While there, I was using this DIFFERENT type/style of walker.  It was certainly NOT what I'm used to using.  But, I'm CERTAINLY no stranger to acclimating/adjusting!

So, as I was "WALKING", my LEFT, INJURED leg KEPT stiffening up and NOT stepping.  It was NOT that it was HURTING.  My LEFT leg just was NOT "computing" the "message" from my brain to STEP.

ALAS! It was still a GOOD trip.
... For example: While I sat on a cushioned "bench" there, I grabbed onto these two metal rods--one on each of my sides (at about eye-level, when seated)--and PULLED MYSELF UP to a STANDING-POSITION. (My NEW trainer pushed a LARGE mirror in front of me, so I could monitor my posture and adjust. WELL-PLAYED.)

So, I'll see this NEW trainer TWICE a week and JUST my usual trainer ONCE a week for workouts.


My "GRADE":
"A" for effort

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive