Saturday, November 23, 2013

"GOOD times. GREAT oldies. Magic 102.7"


Yesterday evening I went OUT to watch the Cardinal Gibbons v. Coconut Creek HIGH SCHOL (folk style) wrestling dual-meet.

Gibbons is/was ALWAYS an ARCH-RIVAL for MY high school.
(I wrestled ALL FOUR YEARS of high school.
PLUS, I wrestled ALL FOUR  YEARS of undergraduate-college.)

I had PARTICULAR interest, 'cuz a good buddy of mine--one of my 'Sempai' ('Sehm-PIY') ('Assistant martial arts instructor')--wrestles for Coconut Creek High.

So, ALTHOUGH Gibbons's varsity TEAM won by a lot, my buddy WON HIS match.
("1 WIN"/"14 matches" = ~0.071457…)
HIS match CAN contribute ~7 % to HIS team's score.


… He didn't JUST win.  He won his match via PIN--which counts as DOUBLE the team-points as a win by "decision" (margin of victory is between 1 and 7.
(A PIN = 6 TEAM-points.  A "DECISION" = 3 TEAM-points.)

Also, the opposing coach is STILL a HUMUNGOUS JERK to opposing (HIGH SCHOOL … KID-) wrestlers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive