Friday, November 15, 2013

WAY TO GO, "NeuroFit 360" (my FANTASTIC gym)!


The OWNER of my gym and a staff member helped me do some GREAT exercises today!
(… Yeah, that's RIGHT.  I work with the OWNER.  "I don't know if you heard, but I'm KIND OF a BIG DEAL."--'Anchorman')




So,

1) I did some one-legged kneeling with "my opposite leg bent at a 90-degree angle from/on the floor".
(I forgot the NAME of that position.)
THEN, I would push myself up to a STANDING-position--by SHIFTING my body-weight onto the "raised leg"-side.
(My two "helpers" would only "SPOT me", in case I stumbled.)
(My PRACTICALLY PAINLESS LEFT knee--which has METAL in it--"performed" EXEMPLARY!)

2) I STOOD--with my back against a LARGE plastic/rubber ball--with my legs spread shoulder-width and SLIGHTLY bent, to do LIGHT "wall-sits/squats".
(I hadn't done THOSE since wrestling-practice in high school!)

3) I got up onto a cushioned table--WITH ASSISTANCE--to lie on my back, and do weighted (LEFT) leg-liftting exercises.  This exercise helped with my STRENGTH, ENDURANCE and "CONTROL".
((I STARTED at TEN pounds (~4.54… kilograms).  But, THAT was TOO EASY.  So, I ASKED to INCREASE the weight to TWELVE pounds (~5.45… kilograms).  AGAIN, I ASKED for MORE WEIGHT (FIFTEEN pounds =~6.81… kg).))



Moral:
I have a(MY) body by "HANZ and FRANZ" (old-school 'SNL').

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive