Friday, October 31, 2014

PERSEVERANCE


I was just checkin' out the "University of Minnesota -- WRESTLING" (My FAVORITE athletic TEAM) website.

I was INSPIRED!

(YouTube the song "Into the Flood" by Anaria.)

We ALL have "OBSTACLES"/"BLOCKERS" along OUR respective "PATH" to HAPPINESS.
Nonetheless, to quote the LEGENDARY Dr. Martin Luther King:

"WE SHALL OVERCOME!"

(… Even though it was UBER-tough & -time-consuming, I MISS wrestling.)


______________________________________________________________________________


"When the GOING gets TOUGH, the TOUGH get GOING"
BACK to work … on COMPLETING the job/task.

(… Although I may STRUGGLE during some tasks, there is no GREATER FEELING than having that "sense of ACCOMPLISHMENT & ACHIEVEMENT" upon COMPLETING said GOAL!)

(… I EXPERIENCE these emotions--ADVERSITY then TRIUMPH--OFTEN during my WORKOUTS at "NeuroFit 360".)


_____________________________________________________________________________



Speaking of my GLORIOUS LEG-gymnnatorium, I had--possibly--my BEST, most PRODUCTIVE "PERFORMANCE" today!
First, I "WALKED"--with MY walker--through the front door of "NeuroFit 360".  I "WALKED" over to a CUSHIONED-table to sit down.
Next, I--AGAIN--"WALKED"--outdoors/"AROUND the facility"--WITHOUT a sitting/resting-break--for ~31 minutes.  (… I checked my watch.)
Then, I practiced my "SIT-to-STANDS" from said "table".  While STANDING, I made SURE to shift SOME of my weight onto my weakER/INJURED LEFT leg.
Finally, I CONTINUED the weight-shifting, but with leg-LIFTS.  So, as I leaned onto my LEFT hip, I'd lift my RIGHT foot and SLOWLY SET IT back down … onto the floor--WITHOUT stomping!
(… I TEND TO be A BIT "HEAVY-footed" with my RIGHT-footed steps, 'cuz I SUBCONSCIOUSLY LACK enough TRUST in my LEFT-legged STRENGTH.)


____________________________________________________________________________


JEEZ, AGAIN with the LOUD, INCESSANT barking from my neighbor's ANNOYING, WHINING dog!
(AAARRRGGGHHH!)

Nonetheless, in HONOR of the blog-topic, I MUST HONE my IGNORING-skills.


_____________________________________________________________________________


I sat--in my MOTORIZED-wheelchair--in/on my driveway from ~6:50 pm to ~9:35 pm.
I was UNCOMFORTABLE just SITTING THERE for ~2 HOURS & 45 MINUTES (~165 MINUTES) (~2.75 HOURS).  However, I--THANKFULLY, BRILLIANTLY--thought to invite my mother to PLAY CARDS with me to keep me DISTRACTED/ENTERTAINED as we handed-out "TREATS"/CANDY to 44 DIFFERENT kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive