Monday, October 27, 2014

(SIGH) Another DAY, another "step" (… in/on the CORRECT "direction"/"path")


My (LATE) morning BEGAN with an EXCELLENT "SOLO-TREK" (66 walker-aided STEPS 'a mi banyo').  My (LENGTHY) "conversation" with "Mother-Nature"--"about my URINE--was "solid" (METAPHORICALLY/SLANG) & PRODUCTIVE … with NO "hiccups"/"splash-backs"/"leaks".
(… NOICE!)
After a (RELATIVELY) minor DELAY in which my caregiver "FUMBLED AROUND" with HOW to pull up my boxer-shorts (It seemed like FOREVER!), I kinda "TRUDGED" the 70 PACES back to bed.  (APPARENTLY, my boxers have a "RIDDLE-KEY" to "UNLOCK" HOW to pull 'em UP!)  (… SPOILER alert!  SIGH, they do NOT.)
(… However, I DID HAFTA "mumble-out" a bit of a LOUD & FRUSTRATED GRUMBLE/GROAN of PAIN & FRUSTRATION, because the LONG wait of my STANDING--on ONLY my INJURED LEFT leg … a la a FLAMINGO--caused my SURGICALLY-REPAIRED/METALLICALLY-SUPPORTED LEFT KNEE to DRASTICALLY ACHE!)
ALAS, "I've gotta do what I''ve GOTTA DO."

_____________________________________________________________________________

So, I had … YET ANOTHER … GREAT LEG-workout at "NeuroFit 360".
There are some/certain/FEW exercises at which I STRUGGLE.  (Walking BACKWARDS, KNEELING, shifting my LEFT hip, etc.)
( So, I'll STOP, and "ATTACK" the exercise "from a NEW/DIFFERENT angle".)
I ACTUALLY WALKED--while HOLDING the handrails for SUPPORT--on the treadmill for 16 minutes and 42 seconds.
(… YAY!)

...
"It's about 'HEART'
and how 'BAD' you WANT it!"
(--Denver Broncos cornerback Chris Harris)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of (HOW I ENDURED … ) my TRAGICALLY DEVASTATING injuries,
WE/I must NOT DWELL ON OUR/MY mistakes in the PAST!  WE/I MUST STRIVE to CREATE an IMPROVED FUTURE!

"IF you spend too much time looking in the REAR-view mirror,
you'll CRASH--NOT looking ahead."
(--NFL Denver Broncos head coach John Fox)

_____________________________________________________________________________

… "FORGIVE … and FORGET."

After "SECOND breakfast"(--'LOTR'), I made ANOTHER "TREK" to "EVACUATE my BLADDER".  THIS "WALKING, STANDING & URINATING"-attempt was FAR LESS painful.
WHEW!
(… RELAX!  I'm talking about my PREVIOUS KNEE-pain!)
(… NO, I do NOT have a U.T.I., … WEIRDOS!)
(… I took 68 painLESS STEPS TO my "JOHN" … and 66 RELIEVED STEPS back to bed.

What I LEARNED:
We ALL make ERRORS/MISTAKES!
We mustN'T JUDGE/GRADE/EVALUATE by ONLY ONE PARTICULAR incident.  We HAFTA examine the WHOLE/ENTIRE/COMPLETE/OVERALL "picture"/"performance"!

_________________________________________________________________________


Speaking of "U.T.I.", how UNFORTUNATELY coincidental that there IS also a
"Universal Technical Institute" ("U.T.I.").
(… HOPEFULLY, employees/workers THERE do NOT use "INFECTED piss" for an "OIL-change".)

_________________________________________________________________________

I'll admit:
My INITIAL thoughts & feelings regarding MY future were QUITE BLEAK.

But, through my HARD WORK, DETERMINATION and "STRENGTH" (mental AND physical), I "pushed ON" and sought to apply my OTHER "virtues" (MATH-intelligence, "MARTIAL ARTS"-expertise, HEALTH-knowledge, etc.) to help OTHERS.

If "OPPORTUNITY doesN'T KNOCK'",
build a "DOOR".
… "DON'T be afraid to 'get your hands DIRTY' (METAPHORICALLY)."

(… The right PROCESS begins with the right/CREATIVE mindset.)

_________________________________________________________________________

"If you doN'T 'make the TIME' to work on creating the LIFE you WANT, 
you're eventually going to be FORCED to spend ALOTTA time 
'dealing' with a life you DON'T."
(--'Fitness World')

_________________________________________________________________________


"'GENIUSES' have LOW 'E.Q.'--'Emotional Quotient'."
(--'Scorpion')

(… In a RELATED story, I am NO LONGER physically-ABLE to CRY!)
(… It's a NEUROLOGIC-issue.)


"Do you know WHY 'GENIUSES' are GREAT dancers?

'Cuz we have TWO LEFT-brains."
(To ME:)
"Did you just make a JOKE?!"
(--'Scorpion')

('Scorpion' is the BEST show!)

_________________________________________________________________________

Finally, I've GOTTA give a "SHOUT-OUT"/'KUDOS' to my neural-psychologist.
She KEENLY/WISELY/INTUITIVELY uses my blog-posts to ANALYZE my thoughts & feelings.

(… Also, WELL-DONE to her for CORRECTLY determining that NUMBERS calm & RELAX me.)

_________________________________________________________________________

P.S. …
"Remember, (y'all) TRUE FOCUS lies somewhere between RAGE and SERENITY."
(--Professor X to Magneto, 'X Men: First Class')


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive