Friday, October 9, 2015

"Heroes get remembered but LEGENDS never 'die'."

… (--Babe Ruth, 'The Sandlot')

Witnesses of my DRAMATIC/MONUMENTAL/UNBELIEVABLE "REHABILITATION"/RECOVERY stammer-out that I'm 

"LESS than a GOD but MORE than a MAN."

(--Narrator/Scotty Smalls, 'The Sandlot')





UUUGGGHHH!

I woke-UP rather EARLY.  ( I THOUGHT 'twas 'cuz of 

the shift-CHANGE at 6 AM.   But, I ALSO had to 

URINATE  BADLY.   Regardless of my "urinary-

URGENCY", I kept my COMPOSURE & demonstrated a 

FANTASTICALLY "CALM & CONTROLLED" "WALK" 'a mi 

banyo'  and BACK-to bed.)

ALAS!  The REASON-for my EARLY-awakening was 

NOT "Mother-Nature's BECKONING".  'Twas my 

Caregiver's REALLY frickin' LOUD & ANNOYING 

snoring!  When I merely-ASKED him to close my 

door, he "read between the lines" & APOLOGIZED,  

claiming that, UNFORTUNATELY, his headaches & 

nasal-pains had RETURNED.

( Since he SUFFERS from a MEDICAL-problem  

of/in his NOSE, I caN'T FAULT/BLAME him.  But, the 

issue just REMINDED me WHY I NEVER schedule him 

on/for the NIGHT-shift.   I'm a LIGHT-sleeper.)



 "Sometimes you hafta just create YOUR-OWN 

'sunshine'."

(( I.e. I demonstrated a "CALM, COOL & 

COLLECTED" "STROLL" over-to 'mi JUAN  en la 

man(tilde)ana'.))


 "A JOURNEY of a 'THOUSAND MILES' begins with a 

'SINGLE STEP'."

(--Lao-Tzu)


 A clear mental picture is the first step,

in turning the invisible into the visible. 

(… STRANGELY, my VISION & "astygmatism" have 

SLIGHTLY IMPROVED POST-accident.  … Who'da 

THUNK?!)

… HOWEVER, I STILL kinda-HAFTA glance-DOWNWARD--

at my FEET, 'cuz I STILL doN'T completely-"TRUST" my-

OWN feet … in their NOT-stepping AWKWARDLY and/or

UN-balanced/UN-stably.  


… 

I watched a few episodes of 'House'. 

(… WHY do I REALLY-ENJOY that show?!

1) I'm a "BioMEDICAL Engineer", so I can SEMI-relate to 

MANY of the "ISSUES".

2) I'm EERILY-similar to Dr. Gregory House:

-- He uses SARCASM to "MASK" his IMPLIED MENTAL-

superiority.

-- He possesses a WRY--often MIS-understood sense of 

HUMOR.

-- Through no fault of his own, he has "struck the FANCY" of 

MANY of his FEMALE co-workers.

3) I "DIG his STYLE" … of COMBINING "MEDICAL-

knowledge" with "SEXUAL-implications/-desires".)


… 

GREAT "SPEECH-Therapy session!  

I ate--by MOUTH--"EVERY-crumb" of my TWO scrambled 

eggs.  PLUS, my "Therapist" CONCLUDED the game--

APPROPRIATELY--with the word "D-O-N-E" … to TIE the 

game.

… OH, YEAH!  Also, AFTER the game, I did some O.T. by 

actually picking up ALL the tiles with my LEFT-hand & putting'

'em IN the bag.




Between "SPEECH-Therapy" & "NeuroFit 360", I watched 

'The New Guy' … which is--essentially--ME/I.

(… An AWKWARD guy in NEW surroundings 

DESPERATELY-TRIES to "fit-IN".)





I watched 'The Theory of Everything'.  

(… SAID film INSPIRED me to select "Dr. Stephen Hawking" 

as my "Halloween-costume".)

(… I've--SINCE--changed my "outfit" to that of ANOTHER 

fellow GENIUS-invalid--"Professor Charles Xavier" of 'X 

Men'.)


I watched ANOTHER film that reminded me of … PAST- 

AND PRESENT-A.J.: 

''White Men Can't Jump''.




...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive