Saturday, October 17, 2015

The "AIM" of education SHOULD-be to teach us HOW to think, … RATHER-than WHAT to think.


 With my UN-fortunate HIP-injury's TEMPORARILY (FURTHER-)"limiting" my MOBILITY, I've more FREE-time to kinda SHARE some of my "REFLECTIONS".
(There are CERTAINLY QUITE-a-few NON-verbal POLITE-"actions I can--and DO--"perform":
-- CONSTANT "thumbs-UP" gestures
-- OCCASIONAL "eye-WINK"s
-- pay-RAISES for my employEEs  

"'KINDNESS' is the language which the DEAF can HEAR & the BLIND can SEE."
(--Mark Twain)    


What you ALLOW … is what will CONTINUE.
(… Ergo, if something BOTHERS me, I NEVER-HESITATE to "VOICE my DIS-pleasure".
In THIS instance, my "LACK-of empathy" is … FINALLY … BENEFICIAL!)



(DoN'T let previous MISTAKES "HAUNT your PRESENT" and/or "NEGATIVELY-affect your FUTURE.)
DoN'T let "YESTERDAY" take-up too much of "TODAY".
(… STOP "livin' in the PAST"!)
(… If you're always tryin' to solve YESTERDAY's problems, you'll never find time to explore TODAY's opportunities.)


"The meaning of life is not to be found in a secret formula 

discovered by ancient prophets or modern gurus who 

withdraw from living to seek quiet contemplation and release. 

Life has no meaning per se.  It does, however, present us 

with innumerable opportunities, which we can either squander 

and retreat from in fear or seize it with exuberance." 

--Paul Kurtz.

(… "In ALL-living, have MUCH FUN & LAUGHTER.
… Life is to be ENJOYED, … not just-ENDURED."
--Gordon B. Hinckley)  
(… I DO "have my MOMENTS" of UN-happiness, but I just think about "NUMBERS" & "SPORTS".  I QUICKLY "settle down".
… BESIDES, "it requires 37 muscles to FROWN … & 22 muscles to SMILE.  So, SMILE!  It CONSERVES energy."
--http://www.snopes.com/science/smile.asp)


("Intention" withOUT "action" is USELESS!)
"KNOWING is NOT-enough.
We MUST APPLY.
WILLING is NOT-enough.
We MUST DO."
(--Bruce Lee)


"Our GREATNESS lies not so much in 
being able-to remake the WORLD … as in
being able-to remake OURSELVES."
(--Mahatma Gandhi)
(… This TRUTH is ESPECIALLY evident/important for/to ME!
'Tis a SHAME.  But, y'all would-be very SURPRISED & DISAPPOINTED at how MANY … "IGNORAMUSES" "DISMISS-me" upon "hearing-of" my "T.B.I".  THAT's WHY I focus so-MUCH TIME & ENERGY toward "PROVING my RIDICULOUS-/INSPIRING-/INCOMPREHENSIBLE-INTELLIGENCE".)


(Learn to be smartER than your PROBLEMS:)

Life offers us an ongoing stream of challenges to overcome. 

We build our confidence and resilience to resolve these 


and move forward in a healthy pro-active way by 


learning to be smarter than our perceived problems.

(… I've encountered an ENDLESS/INNUMERABLE/INFINITE number of PHYSICAL, MENTAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL 


WHEN--NOT "If"-- I WALK again, I SHALL--INTERNALLY--REJOICE & s-st-stuh-stammer:
"This moment is the GIFT.
That's WHY it's called the 'PRESENT'."


You caN'T live a POSITIVE-life with a NEGATIVE-mind.
(… "OPTIMISM" is BEYOND "UBER-HEALTHY"!
… I was a "Health-NUT" PRE-accident: Casually-monitored WHAT & WHEN I ate, Exercised "REGULARLY" & FREQUENTLY, Etc.)
(… So, I KNOW the DOs & DON'Ts of a HEALTHY-lifestyle!)



"You are what you believe yourself to be."
(--Paulo Coelho)

(… within REASON/LOGIC)

((… 'Por ejemplo': PERSONALLY, I AM--STILL--KINDOF a 

"GENIUS".  In TIME I WILL-be a WALKING, TALKING 

"SMAR
Tass".  (… By LITERAL-interpretation AND by 

SLANG)




"Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa 
Clause. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your 
dreams.

If you doN'T, who WILL?!" 

--Jon Bon Jovi

(… "MIRACLES happen EVERYDAY.  You've just GOTTA 

'keep your 'EYES peeled'".)


"Humanity has ALWAYS FEARED what it does NOT understand."
(--youngER Magneto, 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'.)
(… MEDICAL-"doctors" ADMITTEDLY haven't an INKLING as to HOW/WHY I still "FUNCTION".  … Ergo, 

BOO!)


You doN'T need to "see" the WHOLE "staircase".
Just "take the 'FIRST-step'.
(… 'Tis TOUGH--for ME/ANYONE--to "SEE the FUTURE".  But, I have the DETERMINATION & STRENGTH to KNOW that MY-WALKING WILL … EVENTUALLY happen!)


"The measure of 'INTELLIGENCE' is the 'ability to CHANGE'."
(--Albert Einstein)
(… WISE A.J. … is the REAL-LIFE "embodiment" of the film 'ADAPTATION')


"You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, 

but not for what you think. The truth is that you are 

responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level 

that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what 

you think."

(--Quoter UNKNOWN) 

((… I AM 'The Little Engine that (WHO) Could'.)




"At it's highest level, the purpose of teaching is not to teach; it 

is to inspire the desire for learning. Once a student's mind is 

set on fire, it will find a way to provide its own fuel." 

(--Sydney J. Harris)

(… I'd LIKE-to THINK I accomplish THIS, when I INSTRUCT 

my 'Karateka'.)



"The destination is not always as important

as what it will make of you to achieve it."

(--Jim Rohn)

(… I USED-to VALUE the "DESTINATION" OVER the 

"JOURNEY" … PRE-accident.  But, from NOW-on, 

EVERYTHING I accomplish will HAFTA "credit" ALL I've 

been-through along/preceding "the WAY".)




"When you HAVE MORE than you NEED, 'build a LONGER 

table' … NOT a 'HIGHER fence'."

(--Quoter UNKNOWN)

(… THIS saying describes HOW I FEEL about my 

 designing/devising "MARTIAL ARTS"-techniques, my MATH-

tutoring, my "party-HOSTING", etc.)



How did I NOT NOTICE how "GOOFY" the word 

"moccasin" IS?!

(( E.g. ("Break it down.") 

"mock-": It's BEGGIN'-to be TEASED!

"-ah-": The shoes ARE relaxing!

"-sins": 'Tis EVIL to WEAR said shoes!))





... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive