Saturday, April 23, 2016

My-OWN PERSONAL "'Vision QUEST'":

... 
-- How APPROPRIATE that I arose---at ~6:00 am EST--to the CLASSIC-movie,
'Vision Quest'!
... 'Tis a DRAMATIC-film that METAPHORICALLY-describes MY ongoing-"BATTLE" with my LEG-nerves.

... My BRAIN/"HEART" represents "Louden Swain"--the PRO-tagonist.  
... My LEG-NERVES represent "Shute"--the ANT-tagonist.
... 'Tis VERY-APPROPRIATE, 'cuz it's a TALE of how-MUCH of a CONTINUOUS PHYSICAL- & PSYCHOLOGICAL-"FIGHT" COMPETITIVE "high school"-wrestling IS
(... I KNOW from EXPERIENCE!)
... APPARENTLY, "CUTTIN' weight" is a SIGNIFICANT-/ DIFFICULT-issue that SOME-wrestlers MUST-confront ... & "tackle".
(... I doN'T KNOW from MY LACK-of experience!)
(... The COMBINATION of MY eating-DISCIPLINE, MY athletic-COMMITMENT & MY constant-SWEATING made MY weight-CONTROL surprisingly-SIMPLE/-EASY!)
... In the film, "Swain"--like MYSELF--develops a "HUGE-'crush'" on an oldER woman ... who knows virtually-NOTHING about the RIGORS, the unexplained-"RULES" of wrestling & its TRAINING.


-- The KIDS continue to demonstrate "SOLID"-understanding of MANY TAUGHT-principles of DISCIPLINE, RESPECT & DETERMINATION. 

... 'Twas VERY-ENCOURAGING to see my "Martial Arts"-Professor this morning.  I--JOKINGLY--"complimented" his NEW "NON-waddling WALK". 
His pain-LESS "WALKING" IN-creases MY-CONFIDENCE that MY SEEMINGLY-inevitable "hip-REPLACEMENT" would/WILL ALSO go-WELL!



-- Finding nothing-GOOD on television, I used my (HANDY) "On DEMAND"-fixture to RE-watch the most-RECENT episode of my FAVORITE show (about GENIUSes)--'Scorpion'.

... Ah, PHYSICS ... & the "Law of Angular-Momentum" AGAIN saves (two members of) the TEAM!

-- MANLY-version: "I doN'T CRY."
Biomedical-FACT: "I caN'T CRY."
... I SOLD my TEAR-ducts to 'Modern Science'-magazine eight years ago to PAY-off an ol' gambling-bill.

-- "A TRANQUIL-man is TOLERANT:
There is NO-reason for me to BEAT someone UP, if he calls me names.  ... This CONFIDENCE is MORAL, ... not PHYSICAL."(--Helio Gracie, LEGENDARY-Creator of 'Gracie Jiujitsu')
(... In OTHER-words, SAID-"Gracie" INVENTED THEE "Way of LIFE".)


-- Aaahhh, what a PLEASANT & SURPRISING "find"!

On my TRUSTED "On DEMAND", I watched the NEWLY-released 'Jurassic World', ... WHICH I had ALREADY-ENJOYED 'en el cine' a WHILE ago. 


-- (WARNING) When "the FLOODGATES" (LITERALLY) DO-"OPEN", "they" ("MY EXTRAVAGANZAS of EXCRETING EXCESS FECAL-'BALLYHOO") come in BUNCHES:
3 in ~13.25 hours.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive