Monday, November 3, 2014

You … I … We … HAFTA have DETERMINATION!



It's VERY HARD/TOUGH/DIFFICULT to BEAT a person who NEVER "gives up".


___________________________________________________________________________


I've encountered NUMEROUS/COUNTLESS "OBSTACLES" along my "recovery-" AND "LIFE-path"/-process".
Yet, STILL, I MUST "trudge" ONWARD!


___________________________________________________________________________



So, I was LATE getting HOME last night, 'cuz I went OUT with a friend to see the PHENOMENAL film, 'John Wick'.
WOW!
I've NEVER been a FAN of GUNS/FIREARMS.  (As a LONG-TIME mixed martial artist, I'm A BIT biased toward HAND-to-HAND/BARE-fisted COMBAT.) I feel that--STRANGE as this may SEEM--GUNS are a WUSSY/WEAK/SCARED way of handling MAJOR-altercations.
But, "John Wick" (played by actor Keanu Reeves) does an EXEMPLARY job of COMBINING TERRIFIC "HAND-fighting" with an actually ENTERTAINING "shoot-'em-up".


___________________________________________________________________________


(AUDIBLE sigh)
There's NO SUCH THING as "a SIMPLE life".
Nonetheless, I "SUCK … IT … UP", and "DO what I MUST".
(… which--LATELY--seems like … A LOT)


___________________________________________________________________________


What a TREMENDOUS WORKOUT at my LEG-gym, "NeuroFit 360"--today!
I tried this NEW/DIFFERENT exercise today, in which I "straddle" a small, CUSHIONED bench ~TWO FEET above the floor.  I sat--on said "bench"--with my back AGAINST the wall and did 23 SLOW squats.
Then, I TRIE TO push MY OWN back & body COMPLETELY off the wall!
(… I'd SUCCESSFULLY accomplish this "FEAT" on ~one third of my ATTEMPTS.)
On FOUR of my SUCCESSFUL "back-wall REMOVALS", my trainer would REALLY LOWER the pulley I was holding.  I'd THRUST--and MAINTAIN--my HIPS FORWARD--with my back STRAIGHT and eyes UP/STRAIGHT-FORWARD.  My HOLDING/MAINTAINING that "STANDING-ALONE"-position INCREASED in time EACH TRIAL:
~8 seconds --> ~12 seconds --> 17 seconds --> 28 seconds.
(… I LOVE counting/numbers!)


__________________________________________________________________________


ALWAYS have a "NEVER-say-DIE"-attitude!
(… With ME the pun's INTENDED!)


__________________________________________________________________________


UNFORTUNATELY, "COMMON-SENSE" is NOT a GIFT but a PUNISHMENT.
(… You hafta DEAL WITH everyone who doesN'T have IT.)

(… "SPREAD the 'WEALTH'.")



MORAL: YAY!


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive