Friday, February 20, 2015

Am I REALLY--just THAT "AMAZING"?!



Judges?!

"Hellz YEAH!"

_____________________________________________________________________________

"T.G.I.F."!
(--"Thank Goodness It's Friday"!)

"'CHANGE' begins with HARD WORK & PERSISTENCE."
(--Norman Osborn, 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2')

_____________________________________________________________________________

One of the GREATEST pleasures in life is
DOING what "others" (in MY case--MEDICAL "doctors") say is "IMPOSSIBLE".

((… I use THIS type-of-thinking as "FUEL" to "PUSH"/MOTIVATE me through my (MANY) "TOUGH-times".))

THIS is kinda WHY I REALLY LIKE to have VISITORS/COMPANY/FRIENDS over at/to my house.  I'll ADMIT that I CAN BE … a BIT of a "SHOW-OFF".  But, is it "MY FAULT" ((NEGATIVE-connotation, (  : (  )) for "WALKING", TALKING or even FUNCTIONING as NOT a "vegetable"(--DUMB-ASSED "doctors")?!

HHHMMM, … NO!

______________________________________________________________________________


I recently read an article about a young wrestler in a Colorado-"high school" who begins "battling" fellow-WRESTLERS today in the State Wrestling Championships.
SIMULTANEOUSLY, he MUST CONTINUE his LIFELONG-"battle" with
"Fahr's disease".
((… SAID "disorder" is a NEUROLOGICAL-issue/-problem that SERIOUSLY/SIGNIFICANTLY DETERIORATES one's motor-functions.  'KUDOS' to HIM for EXCELLING in a sport in which motor-skills/kinetics are so, so, SSSOOO IMPORTANT!  (… I KNOW from … EXPERIENCE!)  It's a DEGENERATIVE disease … in which the brain actually CALCIFIES.  The UNFORTUNATE symptoms are similar to those of "Parkinson's".))
(  : (  )

(… This UNFORTUNATE--but INSPIRING--case FURTHER SUPPORTS the--LEGITIMATE--stipulation that
"A WRESTLER has 'HEART' like NO OTHER.")

(… PLEASE watch:

http://www.9news.com/videos/sports/2015/02/18/23600129/   )

(… "Copy & Paste" the link.)

______________________________________________________________________________

I WAS a COMPETITIVE-"WRESTLER" throughout ALL of my "high school-" AND college-"career".
THOSE EIGHT YEARS … PLUS my 22+ YEARS ("INCLUSIVE") (… So, the time-intervals OVERLAP.) of "martial arts"-training … REALLY "prepared me"/"put me in the RIGHT 'frame-of-mind'" to undergo … AND OVERCOME such a CATASTROPHIC, DETRIMENTAL and DEBILITATING group/BUNCH of (SIGNIFICANT) injuries … as I have NOW!

(… "WRESTLERS doN'T quit!"--Colin, the SUCCESSFUL-wrestler with Fahr's)

______________________________________________________________________________

I've ALWAYS had that "NEVER say DIE"-attitude, because I REFUSE to GIVE-UP!
(… IF I WERE a "PRIM & PROPER" … LADY, I'd say, "'QUITTING?!  HA HA HA!  'Tis quite 'UN-becoming' … and NEITHER 'gallant' NOR 'debonair'.")

______________________________________________________________________________

I CERTAINLY did NOT … WIN … ALL my wrestling-matches.  But, I almost NEVER got PINNED to LOSE!  (… I think I "SUFFERED" maybe … 11 PIN-LOSSES in EIGHT SEASONS.  That's … 1.375 PIN-LOSSES per YEAR.
(… That's 6.0 minutes of "'MONO y MONO', BALLZ-to-the-WALL INTENSITY" … PLUS a potential OVERTIME!)

((… If you're gonna "pick up the 'L', 'tis WAY/FAR BETTER/EASIER to still "hold your head up" with RESPECT after an EXHAUSTING SIX- … or SEVEN-minute (OVERTIME or COLLEGE-timing rules) "WAR" than  'tis after a QUICK, DISHEARTENING, EMBARRASSING "'white-flag'-swinging"!))

____________________________________________________________________________


"DoN'T HATE the playuh (ME).  Hate 'da GAME!"

____________________________________________________________________________


"Now, my momma always told me that 'MIRACLES' happen EVERY DAY.
Some people don't think so.  … But, they DO!"
(--'Forrest Gump')

WHEN I get "BETTER", I wanna/WILL quote Forrest:
"If I was goin' somewhere, I … was … RUNNIN'!"

"Now, you wouldn't believe me, if I told you.
But, I can RUN like the wind BLOWS."

____________________________________________________________________________

(SING it:)
"How many ROADS must a MAN walk down,
before you can call him a 'MAN'?"
(--"Jennay", singin' as "the LUSCIOUS Bobbi Dillon" in 'Forrest Gump')


Now, since I canNOT--YET--"WALK"--with-OUT ANY assistance, am I--STILL--a "MAN"?!
(… My "Y"-chromosome, Adam's-apple & EX-ternal genitalia would "claim", "Uuummm, yeah?!"

___________________________________________________________________________


I doN'T mean to BRAG.
But, I'm just STARTING to REALIZE how REMARKABLE I MAY be … WHEN I "OVERCOME" my--SEVERE--"handicap".
(… I'll "SPARE y'ALL" from my "LAUNDRY-LIST" of
ACADEMIC, ATHLETIC, OCCUPATIONAL and SOCIAL accomplishments.
(… But, KNOW … there's A LOT!
… And, there WILL be MORE!)



...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive