Sunday, February 8, 2015

"Riddle me THIS:"

… "What is EVERYTHING to someONE and
NOTHING to everyone ELSE?



Your MIND, baby!"
(--The Riddler, 'Batman Forever')

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Our lives begin to END … the day we become silent about things that MATTER."
(--Martin Luther King Jr.)

(… DoN'T EVER be hesitant to "'VOICE' your 'MIND'"!)

((… To MYSELF--subconsciously: "Hey, A.J.  How 'bout WHEN/IF your VOCAL-muscles are SEVERELY-damaged--as YOURS are?"
My--VERBAL--retort: "I BEG to DIFFER.  Ya see: 'It takes APPROXIMATELY 2 - 6 muscles in the FACE to make VERBAL-expressions.'(--'Health Problems & Symptoms 101')  Ergo, I 'WORK' with what I've GOT.  Also, my SPEECH-Therapist CONSTANTLY remarks that '(my) TONGUE- & LIP-movement are MUCH IMPROVING'!"
My--SUBCONSCIOUS--response: "So, you're tellin' me there's a CHANCE!"(--'Dumb & Dumber'))

_____________________________________________________________________________



WHY--after my VIOLENT, CATASTROPHIC car-accident--am I … ALIVE …. & SLOWLY but STEADILY … IMPROVING?!


ANSWER: "Doctors" say it's 'cuz of my "INCREDIBLE 'MIND-power'/'MENTAL-strength'".
(… NEVER underestimate the "POWER" of the MIND!)
(… I know I have absolutely NO/ZERO RESPECT for--MEDICAL--"doctors".  But, my ARDUOUS opinion of their MEDICAL-apathy/-stupidity ONLY comes from MY MULTIPLE experiences of MY being CORRECT & their being HORRIBLY/STUBBORNLY/RIDICULOUSLY … WRONG!)

________________________________________________________________________________

CONVERSELY, I have the UTMOST ADMIRATION for those with ACADEMIC-"doctorates".  (My neural-psychotherapist; my younger brother--IN TURKEY; etc.).
I WAS ~six months from completing my "accelerated M.B.A." ("Master of Business Administration") at the time of my DREADED accident.
HYPOTHETICALLY-speaking, I am DEBATING whether I would've "PURSUED" my DOCTORATE upon COMPLETION of my MBA.

HHHMMM.

________________________________________________________________________________
...
I'm thinkin' "No".
I HAD "too BUSY" a schedule--with
-- KEEPING my (now EX-)girlfriend HAPPY,
-- "martial arts"-TRAINING & -TEACHING 3 to 4 classes PER WEEK,
-- STEADILY "CLIMBING the CORPORATE-/BUSINESS-ladder" at my (old) JOB/WORK … @ a "petroleum-distributor",
-- MAINTAINING my EXEMPLARY/"TOP-NOTCH"-studies for my "MBA",
&
-- CONTINUING my PREP-work as a MATH-tutor.

____________________________________________________________________________

ALAS!
"ALL-WORK & NO-PLAY make Jack a dull boy."
(--'The Shining')

Ergo, I WOULD've CONTINUED TO socialize & "keep HUMOROUSLY/COMICALLY 'busy'" with my MANY close/amusing FRIENDS & interesting immediate-FAMILY.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of which/whom, the presence of my GOOD BUDDY here "persuaded"/"convinced" me to DELAY my USUAL "climb" into BED--BY ~7:00 pm--to GET UP, PLAY "Scrabble" & WATCH a favored TV-show … of HIS ('Downtown Abbey').
(… I didN'T particularly CARE FOR it.  NONETHELESS, I--POLITELY--"stuck it out".)



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive