Wednesday, February 4, 2015

"We have to be 'GREATER THAN' what we suffer."


(--'The Amazing Spiderman 2')

Basically, although I/we may suffer far MORE than what I DESERVE to, I/we must NEVER "choose 'the road' to BITTERNESS".  'Tis MUCH MORE honorable  to "fight the GOOD fight" … even if the WHOLE WORLD seems "AGAINST 'us'".

_______________________________________________________________________________



Today I exemplified that quote well.
I RE-established the length/extent of my "LEG gym"-workout from "ONLY one hour (60 minutes)" to "an hour & a half (90 minutes)".

Despite my PREVIOUSLY "SERIOUSLY/REALLY ACHING left hip, I "threw caution to the wind" and did NUMEROUS "tests"/exercises of THAT leg.
I sat on a big (~FOUR FEET in CIRCUMFERENCE) plastic ball, while I SIMULTANEOUSLY pulled-down on a five-pound "pulley-machine" AND rotated along my "TRUNK" to LIFT the weight.
So, I was "working" to IMPROVE my (LIMITED) trunk-control/-flexibility AND balance.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"We caN'T change the WORLD without first changing our THINKING."
(--'The Amazing Spiderman 2')

… I "work" "SMALL-picture"-to-"bigGER-picture".
APPARENTLY, I/Y'ALL/WE HAFTA REVERSE that "COGNITIVE--'ORDER of THINKING/PROCESSING" … in order to solve GLOBAL-issues/-problems.
(… OR, we should just watch MORE episodes of 'Scorpion'.)

_______________________________________________________________________________

"… 'IQ' is HEREDITARY."
(--Walter O'Brien, the REAL-LIFE basis for the show, 'Scorpion')

… EXAMPLES:
-- MY mom was the VALEDICTORIAN of her high school.
-- MY dad was a MATHEMATICAL-"wizard".

Although I do/did NOT ALWAYS agree with my 'RENTS, I "TOOK" their GOOD/COMMENDABLE/PRAISEWORTHY qualities.
(… WAY to "pick n' CHOOSE", A.J.!)

_______________________________________________________________________________


ME: "Aaawww, WHY are you CRYING?!"
My last girlfriend: (SOBBING) "Because I'm STUPID!"
ME: "Well, that's no reason to CRY!  One cries, when one is SAD.
For example, I CRY 'cuz OTHERS are stupid."
(--Sheldon & Penny, 'The Big Bang Theory')

(… My--CURRENT/TEMPORARY--LACK OF patience only "ADDS" to the DIFFICULTY of my NOT HEAVILY, LOUDLY sighing at the EXPENSE/CAUSE of someone's

________________________________________________________________________________

ME--to my mom: "You wouldN'T be LAUGHING (at ME), if you KNEW how I FEEL."
(--DR. Sheldon Cooper, 'The Big Bang Theory')

(… I HAFTA withstand the "emotional-PAIN" of MY OWN MOTHER'S laughter … at MY EXPENSE!)
(… LUCKILY/FORTUNATELY, I'm "LEFT brain"-DOMINANT.)

_______________________________________________________________________________

(BRILLIANT summary/pep-talk of/for my RECOVERY-/REHAB-process:)
"I'm NOT telling you it's going to be EASY.

I'm telling you it's going to be WORTH IT."
(--Art Williams, about COMPETITIVE-WRESTLING)



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive