Friday, February 27, 2015

I doN'T have MUCH (limb-MOVEMENT/-FLEXIBILITY).


"But, sometimes, … NUTHIN' can be a pretty 'COOL' hand."
(--Luke, 'Cool Hand Luke')

I've gotta WORK with what I've GOT.

I can/must NOT … BLAME ANYONE--but MYSELF--for the--TEMPORARY--loss of my--once TREMENDOUS--legs' STRENGTH.
I MUST CONTINUE my PERILOUS, EXHAUSTING & (HOPEFULLY) INSPIRING "journey" to OVERCOME these--SEEMINGLY--"IN-surmountable" odds AGAINST me … in HOPES of RESTORING what I once HAD.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Occasionally, when one of my caregivers MIS-understands my "SIGNALS"/"GESTURES", I WANNA say:
"Well, what we've got here is … a FAILURE to COMMUNICATE."
(--Prison-CAPTAIN, 'Cool Hand Luke')

_____________________________________________________________________________

'Sen(tilde)or' LUKE ate

50 hard-boiled eggs in … ONE HOUR.
((… THAT's the consumption of ~ONE EGG every 72 seconds (= 1.2 minutes).))

During my fraternity-PLEDGING for my college-fraternity, I--among others--TRIED TO duplicate said FEAT/ACCOMPLISHMENT.

The BEST FIVE ""BALLZ-to the-WALL" Eaters" were chosen from my "class" of 22 dudes.
(… NATURALLY, I was ONE of the FIVE chosen.)
(… C'mon, this is/was an "Ivy League"-school--Penn, so the kids are "WICKED-SMAHT!"--Will's friend, 'Good Will Hunting')

_____________________________________________________________________________


Of the five competitors, I "produced the BEST/TOP 'output'".
I consumed

44 hard-boiled eggs in ~58 minutes,
((… THAT's eating ONE EGG per ~1.32 minutes (~79 seconds).))

At THAT point, I HAD TO "pull the (PROVERBIAL) trigger", & MAKE MYSELF vomit, … 'cuz I KNEW ALOTTA alcohol-imbibing was NEXT--as USUAL.

(… I noticed a PATTERN.)

(… Nonetheless, sometimes--with ANYTHING, you've just gotta "SUCK … IT … UP".)

(… In THIS egg-eating instance, the slang-saying is a bit MORE LITERAL.)

_____________________________________________________________________________


For the past couple weeks, I've REQUESTED that my "NeuroFit 360"-trainer CONCLUDE my workout(S) with some LEG-/"TRUNK"-stretching.
(… I believe it's REALLY … HELPING/WORKING!)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Today, I did some NEW, BENEFICIAL & surprisingly pain-LESS "UPPER arm"- & "trunk"- stretching/extending techniques.
((… I SEMI-raised my LEFT arm/shoulder ~135 degrees ALONG/ABOVE the "vertical-plane"/"y-plane" ("my arms STRAIGHT along my sides").))

____________________________________________________________________________


I'm having some friends over tonight for "POKER-night", … since one guest is a PROFESSIONAL poker-player.
((I've GOT TO practice my FACIAL-stretching, so I can FURTHER develop "my P-P-POKER face"(--Lady Gaga).))




...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive