Wednesday, December 16, 2015

"It was the BEST of times. It was the WORST of times. …"


"It was the age of WISDOM.  It was the age of FOOLISHNESS.  It was the epoch of BELIEF.  It was the epoch of INCREDULITY.  It was the season of LIGHT.  It was the season of DARKNESS.  It was the spring of HOPE.  It was the winter of DESPAIR.  … We had EVERYTHING before us.  We had NOTHING before us.  We were all going DIRECT-to HEAVEN.  We were all going DIRECT the OTHER-way.    
In SHORT, the period was so far LIKE the PRESENT-period, that some of its NOISIEST-'authorities' INSISTED-on its being 'RECEIVED'--for GOOD or for EVIL--in the SUPERLATIVE-degree of comparison ONLY."
(--the GREAT Charles Dickens, 'A Tale of Two Cities')

(… What a FANTASTIC "breakdown" of two contrasting/CONFLICTING views!  
I'll analyze/inspect it as it applies to ME:)

-- It truly IS "the age of WISDOM".  DESPITE my "T.B.I.", I HAFTA 
manage an IMPORTANT Health-care COMPANY (for MYSELF), 
organize a MATH-Tutoring Service,
teach a KIDS' "Martial Arts"-class,
schedule NUMEROUS workout-sessions,
etc.
"It was the spring of HOPE."
(… MY 31st BIRTHDAY is … April 8, 2016.  So, … I am "HOPING" that my LEGS give my BRAIN & my HEART a FAN-tastic, productive, ENCOURAGING "gift" of SEMI-walking ON/BY SAID-date!)
((… "NUMBERS-'trick'" … with MY birthday: 
4/8/1985 = My MOM's # of siblings/# of years BETWEEN my mom's FIRST & THIRD & FINAL child/My mom's # of daughters -- Square (the DIFFERENCE between this FIRST & THIRD digit) -- Subtract the FIRST digit in THIS "problem" 
-- My MATERNAL-grandmother's TOTAL-# of children))
__________________________________________________
… 
Last night's "'Stocking-Stuffer'-EXCHANGE" amongst my housemate, my mom & TWO of her friends (… SMALL gathering) was an example of a HIGH-point in my SOCIAL-life.
(… I've NEVER-been "obsessed by"/mesmorized with" MATERIAL-possessions, so I focus MORE on OTHERS' happiness with THEIR gifts FROM ME.  
… Ergo, I was … ECSTATIC!) 

While watching 'Saw IV' this morning, I saw an INTERESTING-predicament: 
Would I RATHER have my EYES OR my MOUTH sewn-SHUT?
(… BOTH would REALLY-SUCK/-HURT!  But, I'd--DEFINITELY--choose-to have a closed-MOUTH!)
(… I--METAPHORICALLY--already HAVE an "UN-working MOUTH"!) 


(My BRAIN to my LEG-NERVES:)
"'SAVE' as I have 'SAVED'."
(--Killer, 'Saw IV')

"'LEAD' with your BRAIN.  But, 'FOLLOW' your HEART."
(--Fortune cookie, 'NUMB3RS')
"The IGNORANT caN'T 'see' the plain-TRUTH that's RIGHT 'in front of' them."
(--Charlie, 'NUMB3RS')


"'FATE' RARELY 'comes' at a moment of our-CHOOSING."
(--Optimus Prime, 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen')

… 
My Caregiver heard me MERELY-tell my nurse that my stomach was "just SLIGHTLY-uncomfortable".
… So, she said that "IF it CONTINUES-to HURT, then we'll hafta call 'NeuroFit' & cancel (MY) workout today."
… SOMEHOW my Caregiver did NOT hear the "IF".  So, he IMMEDIATELY called my gym & CANCELED my appointment.
AAARRRGGGHHH!
LUCKILY, the gym did NOT charge me $ for "PLAYING with"/ALTERING my schedule, when I called-BACK to RE-schedule my outing for TODAY.

… DUE-to my "SPEECH-Therapist"'s BRIEF (WEEKLONG) VACATIONING, I JUST-have my WORKOUT at "NeuroFit 360" today … from ~2:30 pm to ~4:30 pm.
(… While EXERCISING, I "WALKED" INTO & OUT-of my WORKOUT-facility, STRETCHED my AILING LEFT-hip AND PRACTICED my STANDING, WEIGHT-SHIFTING & KICKING.)


An AWESOME "Stocking Stuffer"-gift I received:
A dark mousepad that reads/says 

                    "SARCASM
                       Because 
                        beating
                   the CRAP out                                                                                                                                                                                                           

                      of people                      
                       is illegal."





MORAL
"COMMUNICATION' is KEY."--my mom


…   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive