Tuesday, December 29, 2015

When "LIFE" becomes TOO-difficult, just "UP" your EFFORT.

… In OTHER words: 
"'SUCK … it … UP', & 'FIGHT' through it."

… I--LITERALLY--have a "NEVER-say-'DIE'" attitude.

(… THAT's "'DETERMINATION' … to the Nth-degree"*.)


-- DESPITE my NUMEROUS-frustrations recently with my newEST employee/Caregiver, my housemate had a nice, LITTLE talk with me yesterday afternoon about 

"the IMPORTANCE/NEED of GIVING this guy MULTIPLE chances".
I was HESITANT & even DOUBTFUL at first.  But, after a VERY STABLE/PROMISING night of MINIMAL-screwups, I think I'll keep him!
((… It helped that I did MUCH of the "WORK" in "TRANSFERS" & POSITIONING.  "But, it's the PRINCIPLE!"(--ME, after a TEMPORARY 'B+' in grad-school))


-- My mom RECENTLY bought me a NEW-/ REPLACEMENT-shirt, … 'cuz I ACCIDENTALLY ripped a GINORMOUS-HOLE in the UPPER-BACK of SAID T-shirt while trying-to put it on.**


… SSSHHH!  I actually like the NEW-shirt MORE/BETTER!


-- I am DETERMINED … to NOT let my DIS-abilities FULLY-"ELIMINATE" my POSSIBLE "FUTURE-options". Yes, my "choices" have SIGNIFICANTLY-, DRAMATICALLY-, DRASTICALLY-, TRAGICALLY-DIMINISHED.  But, I shaN'T let my POTENTIAL & my DREAMS be further-"HANDICAPPED" by MY-OWN PHYSICAL-limitations.

THUS, I HAFTA (CONSTANTLY-) "WORK" my MIND, PEERS & RESOURCES to "OPEN-up" numerous OTHER "POSSIBILITIES".

… I.e. A BUDDY from high school--already a SUCCESSFUL business-ENTREPRENEUR--PROPOSED the POSSIBLE business-OPPORTUNITY of the "BIOTECH"-industry.
(… SO, … I've gotta RESEARCH technologies, supplies & POTENTIAL-customers.)


-- In watching 'Eat, Pray, Love', I was REMINDED that

"You speak (FOREIGN-languageS) with your HANDS, … NOT your TONGUE."
(… So, WHY did my SPEECH-Therapist remark that "(MY) pronunciation of FOREIGN-languages is CONSIDERABLY-BETTER-than THAT for ENGLISH"?!)
WHY?!
SHE--with ALL her SPEECH-KNOWLEDGE--deduced-/ concluded-that I put MORE-EFFORT/-EMPHASIS on FOREIGN-words, 'cuz I REALLY-want to be CLEARLY-UNDERSTOOD. 
(… ALSO, I'm NOT gonna LIE: 
I DO "think rather-HIGHLY of MYSELF", when I KNOW how to "EXPRESS-myself in a 'FOREIGN-TONGUE'"!)  


-- I THOROUGHLY-/WHOLEHEARTEDLY-AGREE with the PREMISE of this article:

"For some time, intellect was believed to be genetically inherited. Studies suggested that up to 75% of intelligence is determined by a person's gene pool, and the remaining 25% determined by environmental factors like schooling or social groups. 
But thanks to groundbreaking new research by Imperial College London, we've discovered exactly which genes are responsible for memory, attention span, processing speed and reasoning skills. 
… The team then used supercomputers to assess patterns, ultimately discovering that the genes impaired in those with developmental problems were the very same that were recognized in healthy, intelligent people.
The discovery involves two clusters, M1 and M3, that serve as networks including hundreds of genes that control intelligence. Identifying them is a major step in itself, but now researchers are wondering what to do with the new discovery. 
Traits like intelligence work together like a football team playing different positions, Dr. Johnson explained. By identifying those players and their capabilities, scientists can manipulate the entire game. 
Neurologist Michael Johnson said of his team's discovery, "We know that genetics plays a major role in intelligence but until now haven't known which genes are relevant. What's exciting about this is that the genes we have found are likely to share a common regulation, which means potentially we could manipulate a whole set of genes whose activity is linked to human intelligence." 
That's right. Researchers are considering altering a child's genes at birth to ensure their intelligence, under so-called "master switches" that allow those specific genes to be turned on or off, in simple terms.
Of course, the same study that suggested the possibility of turning these genes "on or off" also warned that, when the genes are mutated or ordered wrongly, the procedure could lead to the opposite effect. (Dull thought patterns and other serious cognitive impairments.)
But Dr. Johnson reminded readers and scientists around the world that we commonly manipulate our bodies to better suit our needs. "The idea of ultimately using drugs to affect cognitive performance is not in any way new. We all drink coffee to improve our cognitive performance,” Dr. Johnson said. “It’s about understanding the pathways that are related to cognitive ability both in health and disease, especially disease so one day we could help people with learning disabilities fulfil their potential. That is very important.”
Of course, future genetic manipulation wouldn't be limited to those who just want to be smarter. Scientists involved in the study explained that the discovery of these genes could lead to a cure for many neurodevelopment disorders. 
Another neuroscientist involved in the study, Professor Robert Plomin, believes children should be screened at an early age for a lack of these genes, so their curriculums could be better suited to their needs.
“Understanding the specific genetic and environmental factors influencing individual differences in educational achievement - and the complex interplay between them - could help educationalists develop effective personalized learning programs, to help every child reach their potential by the end of compulsory education,” he said.
But other geneticists are wary of that plan. Professor of Genetics at University of Kent Darren Griffin has said on the subject, "Genetics is the science of inheritance, not pre-determinism, and there is no substitute for hard work and application.”
What about you? If given the opportunity, would you manipulate your child's genes to ensure that they become as intelligent as Albert Einstein one day, or is that too much of man fiddling with nature?"
(--Alexander Seedman) 

… Ya see, ... my mom--a VALEDICTORIAN--and my dad--a math-GENIUS--gave-birth to THREE BRILLIANT offspring: TWO VALEDICTORIANS & ONE current "DOCTORAL-candidate".


-- "Rep-ree-ZENT!"
MY high school--St. Thomas Aquinas--leads the NATION in alumni who are CURRENT NFL-players with 17  ONE of whom is/was a BUDDY of MINE.









A.J.'s "Theory of EVERYTHING"
When in DOUBT, apply a MATHEMATICAL-principle.
(… I.e. MY mom had an "ODD #" of children--three, ALL VERY "ODD"/STRANGE.  … Yet, they're also ALL RIDICULOUSLY-bright!)










KEY
* = COMMON MATHEMATICAL-stipulation: 
"A NUMBER raised to "ANY exponent"--"N" will "YIELD" the SAME answer.  
** = SAID "shirt" said/read:
"I wear this shirt PERIODICALLY" … spelled-out OVER the "PERIODIC Table of Elements".
(… So, it's a CLEVER-pun on/of "PERIODIC".
… Ha ha … HA!)



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive