Saturday, February 6, 2016

"GO, GO, 'Gadget at the -LEGS'!"

... --'Inspector Gadget'
-- I've RECENTLY-"found" that I can REACH--rather-EASILY
--over my LEFT-/INJURED-/"POST-surgery"-hip down to my LEFT-foot to ... scratch my "TOEZIES".


... As an OPTIMIST, I HAFTA-focus MORE-on the (MANY) POSITIVE-aspects of MY-life ... RATHER-than my SETBACKS.  

So, TODAY:

1) I'm REALLY-RESPECTED as a "MARTIAL ARTS"-'Sensei'!

2) I'm "makin' a HABIT--ONLY over the last WEEK--of doin' AT LEAST two sets of AT LEAST 60 crunches/sit-ups!
3) Although my senses of TASTE & SMELL are virtually NON-existent--for NOW, SOME-of my senses have ACTUALLY-IMPROVED--HEARING & TOUCH!
4) SOME aspects of my PRE-accident GENIUS MIGHT've actually-IMPROVED, i.e. my "MENTAL math"-capabilities, my Bio-PHYSICS applications, my EMPATHY (YAY!) ... for the TOO-OFTEN IGNORED "Handicapped-Community, my DESIRE for SOCIAL-interactionS, my DEDUCTION & LOGICAL-reasoning*


-- So, I've developed an APPRECIATION-for ... SSSILENCE!
'Tis NOT a "LACK-of activity", ... 'cuz--BELIEVE ME--it SUCKS ... NOT being ABLE-to do MUCH--PHYSICALLY**!




-- I CHERISHED--AGAIN--watching the BRILLIANT film, 'A Beautiful Mind'.
(... ESPECIALLY NOW that I--TOO--but to a FAR-lessER-extent--am a MATHEMATICAL-GENIUS with SIGNIFICANT brain-DAMAGE)

... The GREAT John Nash (ME)--the MATHEMATICIAN: 

"I'm actually VERY 'WELL-balanced':
... I 'have a CHIP on BOTH-shoulders'."

...  After MY-complaints of my SPOTTY/SUB-par memory, my NeuralPsychoTherapist says to ME: "Imagine if you suddenly learned that the people, the places, the moments most important to you were not gone, not dead, but worse, had never been. What kind of hell would that be?:

(--Dr. Rosen, to Nash, 'A Beautiful Mind')

... (I'm rather-SKITTISH/WORRIED after her STARTLING, hypothetical-question.)
MY NeuralPsychoTherapist--to ME: "So how about it, (A,J.)?  You scared?!"
MY reply: "Terrified... mortified... petrified... stupefied... by you."
(--Hansen & Nash, 'A Beautiful Mind')


MY explaining my RANDOM, NON-academic EXTRA-activities in COLLEGE:
"Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity."
(--Nash)


ME--regarding MY-rehab:
"I need to believe, that something extraordinary is possible."
(--'A Beautiful Mind')


ME--to my NeuralPsychoTherapist--on HOW I MAINTAIN my SEMI-sanity:
"I still see things that are not here. I just choose not to acknowledge them. Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream."


ME--regarding my CAR & the HIGHWAY:
"They are my past. Everyone is haunted by their past."


(I REALLY LIKE-to "play RANDOM number-GAMES" with people's birthdays & VARIOUS LIFE-dates.)
ME: "There's no point in being nuts, ... 
IF you caN'T have a little FUN."
(((... E.g. ME: 4/8/85 --> My MOM's # of siblings / # of LIVING-beings, in HER-house, as a YOUTH (5 children + 2 parents + 1 dog) / My age (in YEARS) at the birth of my SISTER*** -- # of offspring of my MATERNAL-grandparents
... ((My BRO: 2/18/87 --> HIS # of siblings*** / HIS age--in YEARS--upon being COLLEGE-bound / OUR mom's APPROXIMATE-age (in YEARS) at the birth of her youngER sister****))
... ((My SIS: 3/10/93 --> Her # of AUNTS / HER- (in age (in YEARS) at the "DEPARTURE" of ME to Penn / HER-age (in YEARS) during ONLY my training-prep for my "BLACK belt"-test***** -- # of offspring of our mom)))







KEY
* = THIS "critical-processing" ALOWED-me to CONCLUDE that I wouldN'T NEED the "CS50-Processing"-class.  
(... I'd have "TOO-MUCH on my plate".)

** = I am ALWAYS "FULLY-'INVOLVED-in'/'FOCUSED-on" a MENTAL-workout!  
(E.g. DESIGNING "Martial Arts"-techniques, APPLYING biophysics, CALCULATING sports-statistics, PLANNING daily-schedules)

*** = FORESHADOWING, ... 'cuz she's youngER

**** = I doN'T recall her EXACT-age at the time.

***** = My 'shodan'-test was March 15, 2003.  


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive