Tuesday, May 3, 2016

"BOOZE-day TOOZ-day"!

... (THAT's the NAME I designated--in COLLEGE--for the THIRD "Calendar-DAY" of the WEEK.)  

... I MISS "imbibing-ALCOHOL", ... NOT 'cuz I'm some kind of "ALKIE"!  (... FAR-from it!)  ... I just MISS the RELAXED "SOCIAL-atmosphere" ... BEER "creates".    


... "You're NOT-'DRUNK', ... if you CAN lie-down ... on the FLOOR ... with-OUT 'holding-ON'."

(--Dean Martin) 



-- I FORGOT-to mention that YESTERDAY I conducted a "SOLID"-interview for another "Caregiver".  
... He SEEMS NICE-/SMART-enough.  ... I JUST have-to monitor HIS "shaky" HEALTH-condition.
(... Is THAT ... "IRONY"?!)      


-- "When I feel pain, that’s when I start counting, because that’s when it really counts."

(--Muhammad Ali)
... ODDLY, I RARELY-FEEL "pain".  
... NO, it's NOT some-kind of BADASS, chauvinistic FACADE.  'Tis JUST my UN-fortunately "DEADENED-nerves" doN'T ALLOW-me to EXPRESS great-SORROW.  ... I still FEEL SADNESS.  Y'all just couldN'T TELL from my USUALLY-JOVIAL ... yet EXPRESSION-LESS face.


--  'Twas ANOTHER GREAT "UPPER body"-workout!

... I BEGAN with ... what has become "my TYPICAL 'warmup' of the the '51-marble P/up GAME/EXERCISE'".  ... I CONTINUED-with ASSORTED finger-bending STRETCHES!
... My trainer & I discussed--VERBALLY--the NBA-playoffs AND the benefits of my NEW "'situps/REVERSE-situps/crunches'-RITUAL": Abdominal-/Core-power AND Linguistic-/Voice-strength.

... 'Twas SUCH an ENCOURAGING-workout that I felt-INSPIRED to do some RANDOM-crunches @ 4:30 pm ... & to think-about some of my ULTIMATE PHYSICAL-goals:

--> I'd LIKE-to--at least--START a "MARATHON"-race.
(... The "ISSUE" IS that I strongly-DOUBT my-PRIDE would LET me QUIT ... BEFORE COMPLETION.)
--> Ya' see, a "MARATHON" = ~138,336 feet = ~46,112 yards = ~42.195 kilometers = ~26.219 miles. 
--> I did some RESEARCH into/of the word "marathon"

The name Marathon comes from the legend of Pheidippides (or 'Philippides'), a Greek messenger, who FROM Marathon TO Athens to announce the recent-VICTORY of the Greeks OVER the Persians ... in the "Battle of Marathon" in the autumn of 490 BC.  ... Upon running the ENTIRE-distance, he EXCLAIMED the message of a "WIN", he collapsed & DIED.     



... "Many marathons feature a wheelchair division. Typically, those in the wheelchair racing division start their races earlier than their running counterparts.
The first wheelchair marathon was in 1974 in Toledo, Ohio, won by Bob Hall in 2:54.  Hall competed in the 1975 Boston Marathon and finished in 2:58, inaugurating the introduction of wheelchair divisions into the Boston Marathon.  From 1977 the race was declared the US National Wheelchair championship.  The Boston Marathon awards $10,000 to the winning push-rim athlete.  Ernst van Dyk has won the Boston Marathon wheelchair division ten times and holds the world record at 1:18:27, set in Boston in 2004.[55] Jean Driscoll won eight times (seven consecutively) and holds the women's world record at 1:34:22.[56]
The New York City Marathon banned wheelchair entrants in 1977, citing safety concerns, but then voluntarily allowed Bob Hall to compete after the state Division of Human Rights ordered the marathon to show cause.  The Division ruled in 1979 that the New York City Marathon and New York Road Runners club had to allow wheelchair athletes to compete, and confirmed this at appeal in 1980, but the State Supreme Court ruled in 1981 that a ban on wheelchair racers was not discriminatory as the marathon was historically a foot race.[60] However, by 1986 14 wheelchair athletes were competing,[61]and an official wheelchair division was added to the marathon in 2000."
(--Marathon, Wikipedia)  


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive