Monday, May 30, 2016

(MONDAY) (AUDIBLE-sigh) I've just GOTTA-"suck it UP".

... 
(Happy MEMORIAL Day!
... In HONOR-of our nation's "FALLEN"-warriors, TODAY I'll "PUSH-myself" even-FURTHER than I TRY during my EVERYDAY-"battleS".)

... In the LEGENDARY-film, 'The Big Lebowski', "The Dude"'s line, "The Dude abides," is a reference to Ecclesiastes 1:4, "One generation passes away, and another generation comes: but the earth abides forever."  It is a reference to how the Dude, much like the Earth, can weather change and chaos around him, but still remain the same.
(... HE ADAPTS, ... while MAINTAINING his AURA/PRESENCE of "CALM, COOL & COLLECTED".)
(... THAT seems EERILY-familiar to MY "outlook on LIFE".)


-- DESPITE MY intellectual-capacity/-potential/-cognizance PREVIOUSLY-being QUITE-"Brobdingnagian"*, I'm BEGINNING-to REALIZE & ACCEPT the FACT that my "Traumatic Brain-Injury" has so, so ... SSSOOOOO SIGNIFICANTLY-"DEMOLISHED"/DISINTEGRATED**
my ONCE-"MIGHTY" "Mental-Muscle", that I am NOW ... mentally/psychologically/cognitively ... merely a FRACTION-of "what I once-WAS".
(... Reminiscing, I impress even-MYSELF how EASILY I just-REMEMBERED/-REASONED/-KNEW stuff!)
((... E.g. HIGH-levels of MULTI-variable CALCULUS, RANDOM (MEANINGLESS) CINEMATIC- & TELEVISION-trivia, ~15.84+ YEARS of "Martial Arts"-APPLICATIONS***, (USELESS) SPORTS-statistics, HELPFUL BIOPHYSICAL-factoids ... & a SPLATTERING-of OTHER "what-nots".))


-- 

  "If I Could Turn Back Time"
(by Cher)


If I could turn back time 
If I could find a way I'd take back those words that hurt you and you'd stay

I don't know why I did the things I did I don't know why I said the things I said 
Pride's like a knife it can cut deep inside 
Words are like weapons they wound sometimes.

I didn't really mean to hurt you I didn't wanna see you go I know I made you cry, but baby


[Chorus:]
If I could turn back time 
If I could find a way 
I'd take back those words that hurt you 
And you'd stay 
If I could reach the stars 
I'd give them all to you 
Then you'd love me, love me 
Like you used to do

If I could turn back time

My world was shattered I was torn apart 
Like someone took a knife and drove it deep in my heart 
You walked out that door I swore that I didn't care 
But I lost everything darling then and there

Too strong to tell you I was sorry 
Too proud to tell you I was wrong 
I know that I was blind, and ooh...

[Chorus]

Ooohh

If I could turn back time
If I could turn back time
If I could turn back time
ooh baby

I didn't really mean to hurt you
I didn't want to see you go
I know I made you cry
Ooohh

[Chorus #2]
If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that hurt you
If I could reach the stars
I'd give them all to you
Then you'd love me, love me 
Like you used to do

If I could turn back time (turn back time)
If I could find a way (find a way)
Then baby, maybe, maybe
You'd stay

[to fade]
Reach the stars
If I could reach the stars
_______________________________________________
... (MY-rendition, entitled, 
'If I Had a RE-DO':





"If I had a RE-DO,

WHEN I can RE-grow NERVES, I'll use my LEGS A LOT, JUST
... To show that I--STILL--CAN!

I doN'T-know WHY this 'SHIT' happened-to ME.
My karma's GOOD.  ... But, ''Cest la VIE.''
Life's 'FRUS-TRAY-TING', 'cuz I caN'T SAY-THOUGHTS.
MUST-prove--''Ak-shuhns' speak loudER than WORDS.''

LEGS couldN'T SAVE-me from that DEPLORABLE WRECK
That 'TOOK' my VOICE-BOX & WONDROUS-MIND!

[CHORUS:]
If I ... HAD a ... RE-DO
WHEN NEW-nerves 'DEH-VEH-LUP',
I'll WALK 'SLOOOH-LEEEE', & MIND my GAIT!
... I'll STAY-'UP',
... 'SIIIY-KO-LAH-JIH-KUH-LEE'! 
I ALWAYS 'give my ALL'!
Sssoon I WILL-WALK, WILL-WALK,
... Like I USED-to DOOO!

IF I had a RE-DOOO!

..."

__________________________________________
... 
I've REALLY-GOTTA STUDY now ... BEFORE class tomorrow!





KEY
* = "of huge size; gigantic; tremendous" ... from Jonathon Swift's ''Gulliver's Travels''

** = ANTONYM of the MATHEMATICAL "integrate", ... meaning "to bring- or meld-TOGETHER ... to produce a largER-unit".  

*** = 'Tis NOW ... OVER ~23.84 YEARS, since I BEGAN my training. 

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive