Wednesday, May 11, 2016

... LATE-nite leads-to RELAXING-day

... 
There WERE a FEW MINOR-"drawbacks" to my NIGHT-class:
1) I--in all my "NERDY-ness"--realized that I kinda NEED-to "take-NOTES" in ORDER-to BETTER-"stay AWAKE"!
2) Granted, 'twas ONLY the FIRST-/INITIAL-/ INTRODUCTORY-class, but 'ACCOUNTING'* SEEMS-to be-INVOLVED MORE-with RULES, REGULATIONS & TERMINOLOGY than -with actual NUMBERS, QUANTIFYING & CALCULATIONS.  
3) Upon my return-HOME, I realized that MY "recorder"--placed on the table NEXT-to me ... ~12 feet in front-of the SPEAKING-professor--was NOT LOUD-enough to COHERENTLY-/COGENTLY-record the MEANDERING-professor.

... OVERALL though, 'twas REFRESHING to find a NEW-class ... on a NEW-subject ... in a NEW-location ... with a NICE Notetaker!  ... Also, I'm kinda-CONTENT/-PROUD that, as "BORING" as the (INTRODUCTORY-)"material" WAS, I did-NOT "fall-ASLEEP"!
(... I'm GUESSING-that I've STILL-got that "'NERD-esque'-PSYCHE".)
... I OFFERED--TO my Notetaker--to have MULTIPLE "REVIEW-sessions".  ... But, UN-fortunately, she claimed that she "ONLY [has] free-time BEFORE-class, 'cuz [she's] got TWO JOBS"!
... Sooooo, I'll "SEE how THAT goes". 

... Also, I did-NOT hafta EXCUSE-myself to the restroom--at-ALL--during the four-HOUR class.  
(... YAY for UN-interrupted CLASS-"participation"!)
... I attribute MY "lavatory-ABSENCE" to my MAIN-Nurse's THOUGHTFUL-/LOGICAL-reasoning to WITHHOLD any/all (LIQUID-)"feedings" AFTER ~2:30 pm ... for my 6:00 pm class.

... When I got-HOME, I checked a few SPORTS-scores, replied-to a few emails, blogged & "konked-OUT".


-- As for TODAY, since it's WEDNESDAY, I have an ODDLY UN-eventful "SCHEDULE".  ... Thus, per MY-OWN "foreseeing-scheduling", I can/WILL review "'MY'-notes" from last night's class.
... DID-that!  ... Now, I've GOTTA-start READING the THREE chapters.  ...

... I "vetoed"/DENIED ONE Caregiver's asking-for a van-"CHECKUP" on the MAIN-"BACK door" ... of the VAN ... NOT MY-ANUS!
(... "'RECTUM'?!  Damn-near KILLED him!"--'Black Sheep')


... "I doN'T--generally--BELIEVE-in 'BAD' & 'GOOD'.  ... I BELIEVE-in 'REASONING'!"
(--'NUMB3RS')    
... I.e. I am TEMPORARILY-REFUSING a car-"MAINTENANCE-check", ... 'cuz every-OTHER "employEE" ... PLUS my mom ... AGREED-with ME, ... that there's NOTHING-WRONG!

My mom--to ME:
... "I'll give you some ADVICE I've told ALL the GENIUSES I know: 'DoN'T-be an IDIOT!'"
(--'NUMB3RS')
... MY-response: "Listen, mom.  I have ALL-the-RESPECT for YOUR 'linguistic-MASTERY'.  ... But, would you PLEASE ----RECOGNIZE that MY PHENOMENAL-COMMAND of BOTH NUMBERS & REASONING/LOGIC MAY--in SOME instances--kinda-"DWARF" YOUR 'SEMI-dominant DICTION'?!"

... I.e ANYTHING that "DEALS w/" PROBABILITY and/or STATISTICS would--CLEARLY--"DWARF" any/ALL "DICTION-matters". 


-- I watched the comically- & dramatically-UNIQUE movie, 'Lost in Translation', this afternoon ... for the FIRST-time EVER!
... MAINLY, the title FIRST attracted me, 'cuz it's ... LIKE ... a METAPHORIC-symbol of my VERBAL-rehab, my "MIS-communications" with my employEES & my MATH-tutoring.
... PLUS, I DO-ADMIRE/-RESPECT/-COMMEND Bill Murray's HUMOR**.
... Also, LESS-importantly, I've kinda-/DEFINITELY-developed a "THING for" Scarlett Johannson". 

... I STOPPED-watching SAID-"film" EARLY, 'cuz my mom--who was visiting for her WORKOUT--PREFERRED-to watch 'Limitless'*** ... on MY "On-DEMAND".  
... Ergo, (AUDIBLE-sigh) we watched an episode, while I awaited my "SPEECH-Therapist".


-- In "SPEECH Therapy", I did ALOTTA various "TONGUE- & LIP-movement"-exercises, ATE two scrambled EGGS, won ... BY ONE-POINT in Scrabble & VERBALLY-recited EACH of the 17 WORDS we made!


-- "The 'HARD-WORK' [I] put in IS going to 'pay-off' in the FUTURE.  [I] have the SAME-mindset in [my GYM] that [I] [DID] [at my JOB].  [I'm] going-to 'WORK' as HARD as [I] can ... no-matter WHAT."
(--Graduating Gopher-WRESTLER Jordan Kingsley)


-- "You may find that you need to take an alternate route to get to where you’re going, or you may find that your end destination has changed. But never give up on your journey to get there."
(-- Jack Canfield)
... Never, never, ... NEVER "give-UP"!
(... According-to MATHEMATICAL-principles, the THREE/"ODD-number of" "never"s make the statement NEGATIVE.)




KEY
* = (FURTHER-/MORE-Notes:)
"'ACCOUNTING' gives HISTORY.  'FINANCE' looks-FORWARD."

** = People say--I AGREE--that my COMEDIAN-uncle REMINDS folks of Bill Murray, both in HUMOR AND in APPEARANCE.

*** = "Limit-LESS" ... WAS ... an ACCURATE-description of MY ACADEMIC-life ... PRE-accident.
... Only, I operated/"worked" 'SANS' medicinal-/ pharmaceutical-"HELP"/-supplements. 

... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive