Wednesday, January 21, 2015

GREAT "READ"!


No, I am NOT recommending a favorite LITERARY-piece.
I meant "READ" as METAPHORICAL.
((However, if I "WERE" ("HYPOTHETICAL" verb-tense) to be LITERAL about the "READ"ing, I'd HIGHLY/GREATLY prefer Dr. Seuss's
'Great Day for UP'!

((… NOT ONLY does the book have a PHENOMENAL "play on words"--for ME (literal = MY WALKING, & metaphorical/figurative = MY EMOTIONAL stability), but, even as a CHILD, I DID enjoy the author's WELL-placed/-timed HUMOR.))

_______________________________________________________________________________


So, my MAIN nurse ACCURATELY/INSIGHTFULLY determined MY feelings/emotions WHEN in a VULNERABLE state.
When she asked me TODAY how my HIP was feeling, I remarked, "MUCH BETTER".
When she asked me the SAME QUESTION three days ago, I grimmaced and remarked that the "PAIN-level" was "about a 7 out of 10".
"WHOA," she stated, "you (ME) are NOT one to COMPLAIN.  So, if YOU (ME) say it's painful, then it must REALLY be BAD!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

NO, it's NOT some "MACHO"-thing, some character-/personality-FLAW in which I FEAR/think that SHOWING/ADMITTING PAIN is a display of WEAKNESS.
I simply have--through 22+ YEARS of HARDCORE "martial arts"-training--"CONDITIONED myself" to "NOT feel"/IGNORE pain.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I agree with how UFC WOMEN'S Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey deals with PAIN:
It's JUST nerve-impulses "FIRING" to the brain to CONSIDER the stimulus.  It CAN be IGNORED/"BLOCKED-OUT".

Y'all--to ME: "So, you're KIND OF … a GIRL."
ME: (SIGH) "Interpret THAT as you see fit."


...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive