Sunday, January 25, 2015

((Steve Urkel) (Jaleel White) of 'Family Matters' HIGH, SQUEAKY, ANNOYING voice:)) "Did I … DO that?!"



My neural-psychologist--to my mom--about MY blog: "WHY does A.J. blog about BAD stuff?  'I thought he's supposed to give people … HOPE!'"
My mom's retort: "I like to think that he DOES.  …
Some people just doN'T WANT it!"
My neural-psychologist: "My OTHER patients 'know a hero 

when (they) see one.  Too few characters out there 

(METAPHORICALLY), flying around (METAPHORICALLY--

on his WHEELCHAIR) like that, saving old girls like me. 

And, Lord knows, kids NEED a hero. A courageous, self-

sacrificing person.  Setting examples for all of us.  

Everybody LOVES a hero.  People line up for them, cheer 

them, scream their names.  And, years later, they'll tell how 

they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the 

one who taught them how to hold on a second longer.  I 

believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, 

gives us strength, makes us noble, and--finally--allows us to 

die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be 

steady, and give up the thing we want the most--EVEN our 

dreams.'"

(I STUMBLE in--after EAVESDROPPING.)

ME: "I CERTAINLY appreciate the two of you 

COMPLIMENTING me by quoting 'The Amazing Spiderman 

2'!  

However, as 'hope-FULL' as I am, I like to THINK that if I 

WERE a 'superhero', I'd be 'IRONman' … 'cuz I'm ~HALF-

metal ('cuz of my METALLIC surgical-implants), ~HALF-

man.  … PLUS, I HAVE been known to be rather HELPFUL 

& INSPIRING.  … ALSO, PLEASE, Doc, do NOT IMPLY that 

I'm a 'DREAM-killer'!  I PREFER to explain MY 'work' as 

INFLUENCING or converting 'DREAMS' into 'REALITY'.  … 

ACTUALLY, now that I think about it: (Calculating/Double-

checking my math) I'm half-MAN, half-AMAZING."

______________________________________________________________________


Speaking of my "GIVING", I "TREATED" two friends out to a WONDERFUL lunch at my FAVORITE Turkish restaurant!  
(… Since I canNOT attend their out-of-state MARRIAGE-ceremony, I transported 'em THERE (AND back to MY house, recommended any/ALL food-/drink-selections & PAID FOR the mealS.  That GREAT conversation/talking & DELICIOUS food was my wedding-GIFT.)

______________________________________________________________________


During SAID meal, my "high school valedictory" was mentioned.
(… DAMN my IMPROPER "PASSIVE-voice"!)
I SEMI-joked/-bragged how MY speech was rather/VERY "TOUCHING".
((… SSSHHH!  I doN'T WANT the POLICE to "LOCK me UP" for "pedophilia" ("high school kids" = "aged 15 to 18").))


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive