Saturday, March 7, 2015

"You're 'OUT-of-your-ELEMENT."


(--Walter, 'The Big Lebowski')

The famous line “the Dude abides” was taken from the Bible verse Ecclesiastes 1:4, which reads, “One generation passes away, and another generation comes: but the Earth abides forever.”

So, although the/YOUR "surroundings" may/WILL change/differ, the/YOUR "foundation" & "CORE" remain CONSTANT.
________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of my "CORE", I am REALLY enjoying/utilizing/applying my newER abdomen- & "core"-/"trunk"-developing exercises at "NeuroFit 360".  

(Earlier this week, I was VERY GLAD/EXCITED that I did two sets of 20 FULL sit-ups … with-OUT ANY pain!)
________________________________________________________________________________


"SATURDAY," (y'all) "is Shabbos--the Jewish day of REST.  That means that 
I don't work.
I don't drive a car.
I don't fuckin' RIDE in a car.
I don't handle money.
I don't turn on the oven.
And, I--SURE as SHIT--don't FUCKIN' 'roll'!

Shomer SHABBOS."
(--Walter, 'The Big Lebowski')
_____________________________________________________________________________

Well, evidently/apparently, I'm NOT an observer of "Shomer FUCKIN' Shabbos"--as Walter so ELOQUENTLY stated, 'cuz TODAY--SATURDAY--I 
-- "worked"/"labored" to maneuver myself in ALL that I did … like EVERYDAY.
-- RODE in MY VAN … to OBSERVE KIDS' Karate-class.  ALSO, I went--as a PASSENGER--in my VAN--to the movie-theater--with my BUDDY/HOUSE-mate to view the GREAT COMEDY-film 'Unfinished Business'.
--  For said movie, I PAID FOR THREE tickets (my friend, my caregiver & MYSELF) & refreshments for my caregiver.
-- I PREPARED for TOMORROW night's dinner-party by making-SURE my oven & stove work.
-- I--CAREFULLY (MINDFUL of my "peg-tube")--"sausage-rolled" TWICE--in bed.
(… THAT was a SWEET pun of "ROLL"!)


P.S. I am definitely NOT an advocate/follower of SAID "belief-system".

(… Nonetheless, I RESPECT it, 'cuz "To EACH his OWN.") _____________________________________________________________________________

WHENEVER my REHAB/RECOVERY/"THERAPY" is gettin' TOUGH, I think of the quote:

"The 'JUICE' is worth the 'SQUEEZE'."
(--'The Girl Next Door')

THAT motivates/"PUSHES" me to "CONTINUE ONWARD/FORWARD".
(… "JUICE" = "My EVENTUAL walking, talking & 'FUNCTIONING'"
"SQUEEZE" = "My TEMPORARY/CURRENT 'pain', frustration & HARDSHIP")
_____________________________________________________________________________

ULTIMATELY,
"The END justifies the MEANS."
(--'The Prince' by Niccolo Machiavelli) 

WHEN I--EVENTUALLY--WALK & TALK, ALL my TIRING effort, work, determintion & frustration WILL BE … WELL-WORTH the "TROUBLE", considering my EXTREME-JOY & FANATICAL-GLEE!
______________________________________________________________________________

I'm NOT telling you it's going to be EASY.
(… HELLZ NAW!)
I'm telling you it's going to be "WORTH it".
(… NOT monetarily!)
(… OTHERWISE, I would've BOUGHT … NEW LEGS ~6.66 YEARS ago.)
_____________________________________________________________________________

So, basically, I am taking/accepting/"subscribing to" the 
NORMATIVE ETHICAL THEORY of 

"Consequentialism".
In OTHER words, I am a STAUNCH/LIVID/EMPHATIC believer that 
"if a GOAL is morally-IMPORTANT enough, 
ANY METHOD of ACHIEVING it is ACCEPTABLE".
____________________________________________________________________________

Y'all: "Whoa, 'Ah Jota'.  (…. For the Spaniards)
That's 'DEEP'!"

ME: "THAT's what SHE said!"
(… Ba-da-CCCHHH!)

I AM a BIG FAN of "Hot Cubans"!
(… Was THAT a reference to the "SANDWICH" or the "WOMEN"?!)

(… On THAT note, I bid you 'adieu'.)


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive