Thursday, April 23, 2015

"ALWAYS trust your INSTINCTS."

… (--Narrator, 'Beauty and the Beast')


'Tis been toughER to TOTALLY/COMPLETELY "listen to MYSELF", … since my DEVASTATING/UNFORTUNATE accident.
(  : (  )
(… I said "toughER"--as in "MORE difficult".  But, by NO means, is it "IMPOSSIBLE"!)
_____________________________________________________________________________
… 'Por ejemplo', I devised/designad one … no, TWO EXEMPLARY/"DAMN-GOOD"/"STANDUP" 'jiujitsu' ('GROUND-fighting') (… So, NO pun IN-tended.) techniques that I WILL demonstrate/CO-teach either during a Thursday- or a Saturday-class.

… Or, PERHAPS it's "GOOD ENOUGH"/APPLICABLE for BOTH the KIDS' AND ADULTS' classes.
_____________________________________________________________________________

(Christopher Robin of 'Winnie the Pooh' to ME:)

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”


Occasionally, I'll EVEN surprise MYSELF with what I ACCOMPLISH during my workouts at "NeuroFit 360".

Rafiki of 'Lion King' "chimes IN" with

"The past can hurt but the way I see it you can either run 


from or learn from it." 



I've made NUMEROUS/COUNTLESS MISTAKES in "MY time" (ESPECIALLY since that DREADED day--July 6th, 2008!  NOW, I've "learned my LESSON"
_______________________________________________

"I'm a VERY SMART man.  Don't you think if I were WRONG, I'd KNOW it?"
(--DR. Sheldon Cooper, 'The Big Bang Theory')

(… Ergo, I'm QUICK--NOW--to ADMIT my ERRORS.
… I can only HOPE/WISH that SOME of my employEEs would "follow-suit" & OCCASIONALLY "swallow their pride".)
____________________________________________________________________________

"A PESSIMIST sees the DIFFICULTY in every OPPORTUNITY.
An OPTIMIST sees the OPPORTUNITY in every DIFFICULTY."
(--Sir Winston Churchill)

(… I created a SLIGHT variation:
"A PESSIMIST searches for the PROBLEMS in each & every POSSIBILITY.
An OPTIMIST searches for the POSSIBILITIES in each & every PROBLEM.")

(… Can I get an "AMEN!"?)
(… 'KUDOS' to Sir Churchill.)
____________________________________________________________________________

So, I watched the GREAT movie, 'Con Air', this afternoon.
I'm gonna HAFTA agree with "Cameron Poe"'s ACCIDENTAL-killing (manslaughter), while DEFENDING his WIFE.
Despite "Poe"'s receiving a LONG "prison-sentencing", he SAFELY & LEGALLY "escapes" BACK into the "OUTSIDE-L/EGAL-world".
With MY hands--PREVIOUSLY--registered as "LETHAL WEAPONS" (cuz of my TWO black belts in Karate), I have a SIMILAR (physical/"technical"/"POTENTIALLY harmful") background.
_____________________________________________________________________________



P.S. As a "COUNTER-point", APPROXIMATELY (~)20 minutes AFTER I called my dojo to REPORT my ABSENCE, it STOPPED raining.
(… SHUCKS!)


P.P.S. "'Tis better to be SAFE than SORRY."



...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive