Sunday, April 26, 2015

I'm VERY … emotional!


"ANGER is a very GOOD thing, … if you 'CHANNEL' it the RIGHT way … in a very, very POSITIVE way."
(--University of Minnesota WRESTLING Coach J Robinson)

"FOCUS on the things that YOU can CONTROL."
(--J Robinson)

"Work ethic. Unparalleled support. 100 percent effort."
(--University of Nebraska WRESTLING coach Mark Manning)  
_____________________________________________________________________________
… Seeing as I USED TO be an INTENSE & DETERMINED "AMATEUR"-WRESTLER, I know ALL-ABOUT "FOCUS", "GREAT-EFFORT" & "COMMITMENT".
(… ALL of high school AND college)
(… Only, after my accident, I experienced a DIFFERENT type/kind of "COMMITMENT".)
(… TOO SOON for the JOKES about MY MENTAL-INstability?
Judges?! 

Yes?

Oh, to HELL with y'ALL!  If I can-NOT JOKE about MY OWN--SUPPOSED--mental-WEAKNESSES, then HOW will I … EVER … IMPROVE?!
('LAUGHTER' is the BEST 'medicine'.")
____________________________________________________________________________

So, I REALLY ENJOY … HUMOR.
I NEED it!
IT (COMEDY) allows me to "FUN-ction"/"operate" MORE effectively!
During my (MANY GREAT) workouts @ "NeuroFit 360" AND my "UPPER body" gym-sessions, I HAFTA "crack jokes" AND make WITTY comments in order to MAXIMIZE my "output"/EFFORT!
_____________________________________________________________________________
… 
My BEST female-FRIEND--to ME--about my WALKING:
"Are you TRYING to NOT be GOOD at this?!"
MY response: "Naw, it just comes NATURAL(LY)."
(--'A Walk to Remember')
(… Oh, SWEET I-rony … that I used the film-TITLE in THIS sense!)

ME: "P.S., m'lady, 'my Spider-sense detects' A BIT of SARCASM.
P.P.S. I am NOT Spider-man.  … Though I AM rather 'AMAZING'! 
… 'Am I wrong?  AM … I … WRONG?!'"
(--Walter Sobchak, 'The Big Lebowski')
______________________________________________________________________________
… I have this "SICK", INTRINSIC "PHOBIA" of BAD grammar.
Even if said IN-correct diction is in a QUOTE (adding the "LY"), I HAFTA make it RIGHT!
((… I FEAR that the MIS-usage of (PROPER) diction is a "POOR" reflection on/of ME … & MY INTELLIGENCE.)) 
______________________________________________________________________________
… 
I am "TRUE to MY WORD"!
When I say, "I WILL WALK again", I EMPHASIZE the "WILL", 'cuz my DETERMINATION makes SAID "action" NOT a HYPOTHETICAL/"IF-question".  'Tis MORE a matter of "WHEN".
______________________________________________________________________________

Despite my NOT "openly"-DISPLAYING ALL of my EMOTIONS, I still "FEEL" … A LOT!
'Tis NOT some "MACHO-issue", in which I have this NEED to convey a MANLY-attitude of "NO-fearS".  I'd HATE to BLAME my "T.B.I.", but--PSYCHOLOGICALLY/NEUROLOGICALLY--said MENTAL-"detriment" simply does NOT ALLOW me to "FILL my TEAR-ducts with a (NATURAL-)liquid".
_______________________________________________________________________________
… Ergo, my HEART … "CRIES"!
_______________________________________________________________________________
… Speaking of MY … SADNESS, I haveN'T been (METAPHORICALLY) "ALONE", since WAY BEFORE my accident/injurIES.  So, having a HELPFUL, PRO-meeting housemate is VERY BENEFICIAL to/for my PSYCH & SOCIABILITY!
(… "Turn a NEGATIVE into a POSITIVE.")

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive