Thursday, April 2, 2015

My "SECOND-HOME":


My "SWCOND-home" is--ESSENTIALLY/METAPHORICALLY--my "MARTIAL ARTS"-dojo.  I just feel so COMFORTABLE, KNOWLEDGABLE & WELL-RESPECTED there.
(… Yes, I DO usually attend/teach the KIDS' class.
… Yes, I AM very RELAXED around KIDS.
A female-friend to ME: "Well, A.J., THAT's 'cuz you have the MATURITY of … a CHILD!"
My IMMEDIATE response: "'It takes ONE to know ONE!'
… No, THAT's an ADMISSION of my SOPHOMORIC-attitude toward LIFE.
How 'bout, 'I know YOU are, but what am I?!'"
______________________________________________________________________________

So, I WELCOMED a PLEASANT (SURPRISE-)visitor EARLY this morning (ACTUALLY, it was at ~8:30 am E.S.T), when my MATH-tutEE" sought some "LAST-minute" reviewing before her BIG TEST 'man(tilde)ana por la man(tilde)ana'.
After she ACED 14 out of the 17 NEW MULTI-step problems/questions I'd DEVISED (14/17 = ~82.35%), I told her, "GODSPEED, RELAX & just have CONFIDENCE!"
______________________________________________________________________________

So, this LATE afternoon"/"PREevening"(--Sheldon Cooper, 'The Big Bang Theory') (… "PRE-evening"), I attended the KIDS' class at my "MARTIAL ARTS"-dojo.
Granted, I was SUPPOSED TO merely VIEW the (KIDS') class.
But, … my "martial arts"-"Professor" told me that he'd like me to CO-teach my NEW technique.
_____________________________________________________________________________
… ANOTHER "But",
… due to an UNCHARACTERISTICALLY-SMALL class (I'm GUESSING it's 'cuz of the "holiday-weekend".), "Professor" asked me to "CO-teach" the GREAT technique to BOTH the KIDS' & ADULTS' classes THIS Saturday.
THUS, class began AND concluded a TAD EARLY.
_______________________________________________________________________________

"TANGENT"!
(… NO, I am NOT referring to the MATHEMATICAL-term.)
(… Am I?!  … ?!)
As I brushed my teeth this morning, I dropped the tube of toothpaste on the floor.  I was SHIFTING the tube in my lap, as I REACHED for some floss.
((… Yes, you GROTESQUE WEIRDOS, y'all COULD say that I "dropped the (TOOTH-)soap".)
On the BRIGHT side, I leaned WAY OVER the ROGHT side of my MANUAL-wheelchair to pick up said paste 'de mis dinettes'.
(… YAY for my IMPROVING flexibility!
… Or, is it my UNBELIEVABLE understanding & application of TRIGONOMETRY?!)
______________________________________________________________________________

If the POPULAR saying, "'HOME' is where the HEART is", is CORRECT,
then HOW the HELL was my "Ivy League"-collegiate education so WRONG?!
(… According to THAT implication/reasoning, I LIVE … INSIDE my LEGS!)  
_____________________________________________________________________________

I REALLY DO … ENJOY "MARTIAL ARTS" class!
(… Even though I--SADLY, TEMPORARILY--canNOT "FULLY-participate" in the "SELF-defense".)
_____________________________________________________________________________

STRANGELY/UN-fortunately,
I get IGNORED MORE by my EMPLOYEES at my ACTUAL home than by (YOUNG) 'Karateka'-CHILDREN--some of whom I doN'T even KNOW!
((… I'm GUESSING that the--WELCOME--RECOGNITION is PARTIALLY due to
… my WEARING my ("HEAVYWEIGHT") 'gi'-top (= 'Karate-UNIFORM') AND BLACK BELT.
(… "It's got my name on it.  It says 'RAYMOND'."--'Rain Man'))
(… No, seriously: 'Altan Javit Kaynatma' is CURSIVELY-written upon it.)



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive