Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Think of the HAPPIEST THIIINNNGGGSSS! It's the SAME as having WIIINNNGGGSSS!"


--Peter Pan


Hey, "FLYING"'s GOTTA BE EASIER than WALKING!
(… Hey, NOTHING's "IM-possible"!  … It may be MATHEMATICALLY-/STATISTICALLY IM-PROBABLE.  But, what happened to "ANYTHING can happen!"?)


DESPITE my IN-ability to--TEMPORARILY--CONSISTENTLY, EFFICIENTLY "WALK", I AM ECSTATIC about & QUITE PROUD of the FACT that my VERY ACTIVE & ATHLETIC lifestyle PRE-accident established a "THROUGH-the-ROOF" metabolism!  I spend ~22 hours/day, ~154 hours/week, ~8030 hours/NON-Leap Year SITTING, yet I've GAINED ~ten pounds since my senior-wrestling season … of HIGH SCHOOL!  I maintain a "HEALTHY"/"Normal" "Body-Mass Index" of 
"22.4",
DESPITE acquiring a "peg-tube" jutting-OUT from my stomach that PREVENTS my digestive-system from PROPERLY-functioning.

… If my--CURRENT--situation were a film, a POSSIBLE name COULD BE … 
'Mission NOT TOO IMPOSSIBLE: Strut Your Stuff'
OR
'Mission IM-PROBABLE: Beating the Odds AGAINST Walking'.

(… SPOILER ALERT: I will NOT need Tom Cruise … or ANY PERSON to ASSIST me!)

 
I have dreams of a better world … where chickens can cross 

the road without having their motives being questioned.

(… WHY?  … Why NOT?!)


… In order to "FLY", I'd NEED TREMENDOUS 

ARM-STRENGTH, -FLEXIBILITY & -MOBILITY.

… Speaking of WHICH, today I demonstrated my USUAL 


FANTASTICALLY ENCOURAGING display of LEFT-armed

POWER & PERSEVERANCE. 


… However, 'twas my LEGS that were my LONG-TIME 

source-of-PRIDE.  For almost-ALL of my 23+ years (… & 

GOING) training in the MARTIAL ARTS, 'twas my 

INCREDIBLE, UNPARALLELED LEG-STRENGTH, 

-FLUIDITY & -QUICKNESS that really "set me 

APART/ABOVE" my fellow-'karateka'.  


… Thus, I've HAD TO adjust.  'KUDOS' to my "UPPER 

body"-trainer, 'cuz I am REALLY noticing an 

IMPROVEMENT!

((… In a RELATED story, (I'm FLEXING, as I PRETEND to 

NOT know.) Anyone know the way to … the BEACH?!

… Or, how 'bout the … WEIGHT-ROOM?!


So, I attended my SECOND (of FOUR) "Lecture" today at my "SEMI-Graduate School" (Nova University):

-- The SUBJECT of the "talk" was "SKIN-care & -dangers".
The SPEAKER was quite KNOWLEDGABLE & INFORMATIVE.
-- And, I made my FIRST ("PAINFUL") ERROR/MIS-judgment.
Considering the COMBINATION of the "TOPIC" (SKIN-care) & the "AREA in which I LIVE" (South Florida), I SHOULD'VE KNOWN that the AUDIENCE would be … ALL OLD-folks & GRUMPY/CRANKY "retirees"!
-- … They asked ALOTTA AGGRAVATING questions!
In HINDSIGHT I can UNDERSTAND/SYMPATHIZE/EMPATHIZE that they're just concerned about their--respective--DETERIORATING-health!
-- … How many times did the speaker HAFTA REPEAT-himself?!


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive