Wednesday, March 23, 2016

In order to be a good-TEACHER, you must FIRST be a good-STUDENT.

... So, it'd KINDA be "PRACTICE what you PREACH" ... in REVERSE!


-- For OVER 23 YEARS, I have been an ENTHUSIASTIC, ENERGETIC "Martial Arts"-STUDENT.  ... My DEDICATION was so ODDLY-timed that my now-INFAMOUS car-ACCIDENT occurred on my home FROM a "BLACK BELT Workout".  ... Thus, I became even-MORE "COMMITTED".  (... Pun IN-tended.)


-- "My THING" has ALWAYS-been "'PLAYING with' NUMBERS": In 30+ YEARS, I've NEVER-received/-earned ANYTHING LESS-than an 'A' in "MATHEMATICS" on a report card.  
(... HHHMMM, THAT's 18+ YEARS of academic-"GRADING" multiplied by 4 report cards per academic-"YEAR" = ~72 'A's.) 


-- SOMETIMES though, people ("students") "doN'T WANNA"/"REFUSE-to ... LEARN!

... EARLY this morning (at ~4 am EST), my "'Z's were INTERRUPTED" by my SUDDEN-urge to "MICTURATE".  ... Thus, I "BUZZED" for my Caregiver to bring my WALKER.  ... Now, he "responded" SOMEWHAT-quickly.  But, he was, likely, SLEEPIN'!  So, that's UNDERSTANDABLE.  (... I am NOT an IGNORANT-TYRANT!)  ... BUT, after retrieving my WALKER & turning-ON the bedroom- & bathroom-LIGHTS, ... I WATCHED him "FUMBLE-around in LACKADAISICAL-CONFUSION" for OVER SEVEN-MORE minutes, ... DESPITE my REPEATED "right TWIRLING index-finger"-sign ... to "HURRY-up!"  How-MANY times have I HAD-to EXPLAIN the NECESSARY-URGENCY my "POINTING & MANUAL-ROTATION" entails?!  ... The "Worry-ALARM" DOUBLES, when I also RAPIDLY-shake my RIGHT-leg, ... which I DID!
... Well, ... I FINALLY-"WALKED to "tinkle" ... ALOTTA DARK-YELLOW"* urine 'en mi JUAN'.
WHEW!
UN-fortunately, AFTER "WALKING" & urinating, my BRAIN THINKS I've BEGUN my DAY**.
... 'Twas a STEADY/SOLID but UN-eventful day:


-- BESIDES my mother's (KINDA-deservedly/KINDA-inappropriately/KINDA-necessarily) "BELEAGUERING" of my SPEECH-Therapist SURPRISINGLY did-NOT sullen an otherwise-PRODUCTIVE "SPEECH-session".  I did SEVERAL "exercises" for my LABIAL-movement, TONGUE-dexterity, PRONUNCIATION & BREATHING.  
... PLUS, I ATE--by MOUTH--two "scrambled" (?!) eggs ... ~TWO MINUTES AFTER I "ate" an EARLY-"dinner"--via peg-tube. 


... My SPEECH-Therapist INFORMED me of the HIGH/INTENSE "NEUROLOGICAL-correlation" between MATHEMATICAL-COMPETENCY & MUSICAL-INCLINATION.  ... I "raised TWO COUNTER-points": 
1) I AM a "MATH-MAESTRO" ... with ZERO musical-skills ... EVER!
2) My brother is a "SAXOPHONE-MAESTRO" ... with VERY-LIMITED "QUANTITATIVE-UNDERSTANDING".



-- (WARNING) It's ALL-PSYCHOLOGICAL: My MAIN-Nurse NOTIFIED me that she "MAY-HAFTA give [me] a bowel-STIMULANT, .. IF [my] stomach's 'UPSET' again, AND IF [I] doN'T 'go to the bathroom'."
... Ergo, with MY Herculean-/Aristotelian-MIND, I EXCRETED a "LARGE, SEMI-solid" "DOOKEY-Deposit" ~3.5 hours AFTER SAID-"warning".


-- My mom BELITTLES my REMARKABLE-ability to MULTI-task.  She CLAIMS that "If doing TWO-things, MOST-people can ONLY direct HALF their attention onto ONE-thing at a time."

... "One of the OLDEST & most-GENEROUS 'TRICKS' that the universe 'PLAYS' on human beings is ... 
to ''bury 'strange-JEWELS' withIN us ALL'', & then 'stand-BACK' ... to see IF we could-EVER 'find them'."
(--Elizabeth Gilbert)
(... I KNOW my CURRENT-"jewels": MATHEMATICAL-COMPREHENSION, JIUJITSU-APPLICATIONS, SPORTA-TRIVIA, CINEMATIC-QUOTES.)          .


-- (AUDIBLE-sigh) 
REGRETTABLY, "We doN'T 'see things', as THEY are. 
We 'see them', as WE are."
(--Anais Nin)  


-- "NOTHING ever goes-AWAY, UNTIL it TEACHES us what we NEED-to KNOW."
(--Pema Chodron)

... "Lessons" KEEP-"coming-around" ... "wearing a DIFFERENT-set of CLOTHES", ... 'til we "GET 'em"!
(... There WILL-be NUMEROUS different-OPPORTUNITIES to LEARN-from one's MISTAKES.)      


-- "You're braveR than you BELIEVE, strongER than you SEEM & smartER than you THINK."
(--A.A. Milne)
(... 'Para Ah Jota': "LOOKS can be DECEIVING."  ..."DoN'T 'JUDGE' a 'BOOK' ['CRIP'] by its [his] 'COVER' ['letter-board'].")      


"OPTIMISM" is ESSENTIAL!
A NEGATIVE-mind will NEVER "produce" a POSITIVE-life.




-- ""Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
(--Albert Einstein)
(... ALL "problems" can--FIRST--be SETTLED with WORDS, ... EXCEPT ... WRESTLING.)      


-- “Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.”
(--Benjamin Franklin)
(... I WAS more-so PRE-accident, ... but I'm STILL VERY PRO-conversing.  I'm actually a better-LISTENER, NOW, since I doN'T speak ... as MUCH.)
(... ALSO, I AM slightly-biased TOWARD Mr. Franklin, since he DID "INITIATE"/START my COLLEGE, as America's FIRST "MULTI-school ADVANCED educational-institution" ... or "UNIVERSITY".)
(... --> "University of Pennsylvania")


-- Being ABLE-to respond--with SARCASM--within SECONDS of a STUPID-question/-remark is a GOOD-"sign"/-INDICATOR of a "HEALTHY"-brain. 
(... My brother & I have EXEMPLIFIED this "NEUROLOGICAL-observation" for ... ~20 YEARS.)


-- When I "look-BACK" on MY (ROMANTIC) LIFE, I "see" PAIN, MISTAKES & HEARTACHE.
(  : (  )
... When I look in the MIRROR, I see STRENGTH, LEARNED-lessons & SELF-pride.
(... I have this "TWINKLE in my eye" of WISDOM & CONFIDENCE ... that just LOOKS ... "MUSCULAR"!)         


-- "TRADE your 'EXPECTATION' for 'APPRECIATION', & the world CHANGES INSTANTLY."
(--MOTIVATIONAL-Speaker Tony Robbins)
(... INSTEAD-of forming UN-reachable GOALS & UN-knowingly "settin' MYSELF up" for DISAPPOINTMENT, I express GRATITUDE toward my MANY "assistants".)        


... "Acknowledging the GOOD that you already-HAVE in your life is the foundation for ALL-abundance."
(--Eckhart Tolle)






CONCLUDING-Remarks:

You are RESPONSIBLE ... for your-OWN "HAPPINESS".
... WHAT are you gonna-DO about IT?!

... "Change the change-AHBLE.  Accept the UN-changeable.  Remove yourself from the UN-acceptable." 
(--Denis Waitley)


KEY
* = The hue/color indicates an excessively-LONG WAIT ... of "HOLDING-it IN"!

** = It's GOTTA-be a PSYCHOLOGICAL-issue ... of MY CONSTANT-THINKING & -WORRYING.  
... But, (I point-TO my RIGHT-temple.) I caN'T "turn THIS 'OFF'"!



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive