Sunday, March 13, 2016

WHAT's "on yo' MIND"?!

... 
("WHOA!  THIS is a BIG-one!"  -->  "THAT's what SHE said!"(--Michael Scott, 'The Office')

-- MY-day BEGAN with a PLEASANT-confirmation of ANOTHER-one of my BIO-physical hypotheses:
I did three SETS of 50 crunches ... to "STIMULATE" my ALREADY-"RUMBLING" stomach & bowels.

... (WARNING) SURE-enough, ... 'tWORKED!


-- Since I have MORE-time on the weekENDS, I edited/revised a POPULAR-song:


-- 'Most of the Time'
(by Bob Dillon)

"Most of the time
I'm clear focused all around
Most of the time
I can keep both feet on the ground
I can follow the path
I can read the signs
Stay right with it
When the road unwinds
I can handle whatever
I stumble upon
I don't even notice
She's gone
Most of the time
Most of the time
It's well understood
Most of the time        
I wouldn't change it if I could
I can't make it all match up
I can hold my own
I can deal with the situation
Right down to the bone
I can survive,
And I can endure
And I don't even think
About her
Most of the time
Most of the time
My head is on straight
Most of the time     
I'm strong enough not to hate
I don't build up illusion
'till it makes me sick
I ain't afraid of confusion
No matter how thick
I can smile in the face
Of mankind
Don't even remember
What her lips felt like on mine
Most of the time
Most of the time
She ain't even in my mind
I wouldn't know her if I saw her
She's that far behind
Most of the time
I can't even be sure
If she was ever with me
Or if I was ever with her"
________________________________________________

(MY version/rendition = 'ALL of the Time':)

"ALL of the TIME,
I SEE e'erything ALL-AROUND.
ALL of the TIME,
I can HEAR your just-THINKIN' of a SOUND.
I WILL-'follow my PATH',  
And apply the 'SIGNS'.
Interpret 'EM.
When my leg 'stalls-OUT', 
I just patiently-SHRUG.
It's THERE.  
ALL of the TIME. 

ALL of the TIME. 

NO-ONE under-STANDS.

ALL of the TIME.

I'd CHANGE it ALL, if I COULD.

But, I caN'T RE-connect NERVES.
Hark!  I DO ah-DAPT.
E-VEHN-shuh-LEE, I WILL 'RIGHT the SHIP'.
Legs & nerves, FEE-LINGS,
I WILL ah-DAPT.
Thus, I WILL PRAH-GRESS.
I HAFTA PLAN-out MY
Ev'ree MOVE.
ALL of the TIME.
ALL of the TIME.
I'm FUHL-LEE AH-WAYR.

... ALL of the TIME.        
I'm TOO-smart to NOT-use MATH.
For NUMBERS--ya see, ... doN'T LIE.
That SEEMS-like a TRICK.         
But, I KNOW MY-math is RIGHT!
Am I bein' 'DICK', 
By POINTING-'in your FACE'
... With a 'Ha-HA!'?          
I SEEK-to RECALL
What 'WALKING-ALONE' felt LIKE.
ALL of the TIME.

ALL of the TIME.
Legs always FILL my MIND.
I STILL-know MANY a 'WALKING'-'TRICK'!
I KNOW my ANGLES!
ALL of the TIME.
HOW can I SO-SURE?!
... 'Tis like, 'Have you MET-with ME?!'
... Or, 'Have I e'er TRULY-'met' ME?!"

_____________________________________________



-- (SARCASTICALLY:)

"Kiss MY CRIPPLED-ASS, 'God is LISTENING.'"
(--Wheelchair-bound Lieutenant Dan, 'Forrest Gump')
(... PLEASE do-NOT TRY-to en-FORCE YOUR religious-BELIEFS upon ME!  "To EACH his-OWN."  ... I believe-in making one's OWN-SEPARATE/-INDIVIDUALISTIC ideals & beliefs.)      


-- DESPITE my INNUMERABLE-"obstacles", I KNOW I WILL-WALK ... eventually."  
... "My-WORD is my-BOND."
(--Peter Panning, 'Hook')


-- I'm THEE "TOP-DAWG", ... & I DREEEEEAM of RE-"WALKING".
My housemate COUNTERS: "That's IMPOSSIBLE.  ... DOGS doN'T SEE in-COLOR."
(--'Angie Tribeca')   


-- Do NOT UNDER-estimate MY mental-BRILLIANCE.

JUST 'cuz I'm CURRENTLY/TEMPORARILY WHEELCHAIR-bound AND somewhat-MUTE, does NOT imply that my MAKESHIFT-brain can-NOT be "LIGHT-years"* AHEAD of THAT of "NORMEES".

... "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine."
(--'The Imitation Game') 

(... Mom, you're a SPEECH/Language Pathologist.  ... Would it be "... whoM no one imagines anything OF"?  ... 'Cuz "WHO" is the "direct-OBJECT" of the preposition "OF"?)

... Ya SEE?!  On SECOND-thought, I'm KINDA "RE-leaning TOWARD 'who'--with-OUT the 'M'".)

(... PARDON MY ZANY "train-of-THOUGHT"/"STREAM of CONSCIOUSNESS"!)


-- "You MUST-LEARN a NEW-way to THINK, BEFORE you can-MASTER a NEW-way to BE."
(--Marianne Williamson)
(... PRE-accident, I was MORE-concerned with "the HERE N' NOW".  As I have AGED, MATURED & "WISDOM-ized", I've gotten pretty DAMN-GOOD at ... just "CREATING/PRODUCING WIDESPREAD 'glee-FULL' & COMEDIC-HARMONY".
... 'Tis JUST what I DO.)     


-- "WHO came-up with the BRILLIANT-idea of 'moving the clocks FORWARD ... on the WEEKEND ... in the MIDDLE-of-the-NIGHT?!  ... Why-NOT move 'em AHEAD on a ... FRIDAY .. around 4 pm?!"
(--DUDE-ism, 'The Big Lebowski')



-- This JUST in:
July 6-12 = "International CLITORIS-Awareness Week"

(I'm--DESPERATELY-searching my calendar.)
ME (& ALL GUYS):
"I caN'T seem-to FIND it!"



-- NUMEROUS-people (NOT so-MANY anymore ... in lieu of my PROGRESS) have "LAUGHED & brushed-ASIDE MY-thoughts of a FULL-recovery".  Nonetheless, 
MY-DETERMINATION & -"FULL-EFFORT" "marches ONWARD & ''UP'-ward''"!

... "EVERYONE deserves a CHANCE!"
(--Jigsaw, 'Saw V')

... My mom--to MY NOT-standing & JUST-sitting--STATUE-esque--in my wheelchair:
"A.J., WHAT the HELL are you WAITING-for?!  ... 'What are you DOING?!'"
ME: "... GUESSING!  I 'GUESS' [my nerves are NOT-'responding']."
(--Blinken, 'Robin Hood: Men in Tights')


-- My housemate--about ME:
"DESPITE my insistence-AGAINST, 'he spent a YEAR in SILENCE just to better-UNDERSTAND the sound of a WHISPER!'"
(--Chaucer, ''A Knight's Tale'')

... In OTHER-words, I have GREAT-ears!

(... Wait. SSSHHH! My brother JUST dropped a PIN ... in TURKEY.)




-- How BADASS would I have been IF I said this ... TO my FALLEN-opponent, AFTER I PINNED-him in "high school"-WRESTLING?!

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.  In what world could you POSSIBLY-beat me?"
(--Adhemar, ''A Knight's Tale'')
(... Nevertheless, I AM rather "KICK-ASS".)

... ANOTHER POTENTIAL-demonstration of MY-"BADASS-edness":
What IFI CONCLUDED MY-valedictory by quoting the HERALDED Alan Turing,

"... Now you decide: Am I a machine? Am I a human? Am I a war hero? Or, am I a criminal?"

(... Although, EACH of those DESCRIPTIVE-terms BETTER-fits my CURRENT physical-/psychological-state: "MACHINE"-esque?  ... "HUMAN"-oid?  ... METAPHORIC "'WAR'-HERO"-like?  "CRIMINAL"-esque?)
(--Alan Turing, 'The Imitation Game')
((... CLARIFICATIONS: My PLETHORA of SUB-cutaneous METAL & MY CALCULATOR-esque MIND make me SOMEWHAT-"MACHINE-EE".  ... The (DUMBASS-) government doesN'T even KNOW, IF I AM a LIVING, BREATHING "HUMAN".  ... I am in a "neurological-'WAR'" AGAINST my "Traumatic Brain-Injury".  ... My "MENTAL MATH"-"WORK" has been deemed "NOT-fair" & "ILLEGAL".)     


... "HIND-sight's '20/20'."


-- I DID GREATLY-ENJOY a dinner-trip OUT I took over to my housemate's parents' house.  




KEY
* = CONTRARY-to POPULAR-belief, the term "light-YEAR" denotes a DISTANCE ... NOT a TIME.



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive