Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Things I CAN ... & DO ... CHANGE.

... (For the BETTER!)

... There ARE descriptive-words for MY REHABILITATION-process:

--> "PROGRESS" 
(... "BREAK it down.": 'PRO' = 'POSITIVE'/'FORWARD'; 'GRESS' = 'to GO/MOVE')
(... = 'POSITIVELY-MOVE')
--> "IMPROVE"
(... "BREAK it down.": 'IM'/'EN' = 'PROFIT'/'ADVANTAGE'; 'PRODE' = 'MORE')
(... = 'MORE ADVANTAGEOUS')
--> "INDIDUALIZE"
(... = "to adapt to the needs or special circumstances of an individual")


-- ... Lo & behold, 'Señor' Caesar, but I kinda-"threw CAUTION to the wind", when I was "showing-OFF" my "WALKING" to my NeuralPsychoTherapist YESTERDAY ... on the "IDES of March".  


... I've developed a way of DISPLAYING my NEWFOUND-"TRUST" in my BALANCE & weight-SHIFTING: 

FIRST, I SHIFT my weight BACK in my chair.  NEXT, I rock-FORWARD & STAND ... 'SANS' my GRASPING my walker for ASSISTANCE.  Only-AFTER my STANDING, do I--FINALLY--grab my walker-HANDLES.

... I REPEATED my "PRE-'WALKING'"-BALANCE this morning ... & received COMPLIMENTS from my Caregiver.



-- Regarding the WORK of my newEST Caregiver/EmployEE ... last night/this morning: At FIRST, he kinda "dragged-ASS" in terms of 

1) listening-to "THE BOSS"/ME 
&
2) using LOGIC/"COMMON-SENSE".
But, as I give him MORE-chances, he's ... "SLOWLY yet (SSSEEMINGLY) SURELY"/(FINALLY) "processing" his employER's (MY) (REPEATED-) INSTRUCTIONS.

... "GOOD-work takes TIME."

(... I.e. MY-recovery = 2,810 DAYS ... & COUNTING)


-- The FIRST of today's 'NUMB3RS'-episodes REMINDED me of yet-ANOTHER (POSSIBLE) occupational-INTEREST/-TALENT I have:

--> STATISTICIAN*.

... In HONOR of "MY being REMINDED-of 'Life-ESSENTIALS'", this afternoon I watched--yet AGAIN--the '80s WRESTLING-CLASSIC**, 'Vision Quest'.
((... This film TRULY-symbolizes MY ONGOING-"battle" AGAINST my "Traumatic Brain-Injury": 
My BRAIN's "Louden Swain" (PROTAGONIST-Wrestler), & my LEG-nerves are "Shute" (ANTAGONIST-/RIVAL-Wrestler).))   


-- Take it from a guy with MORE-than enough: 

...
It aiN'T EVER "ENOUGH".
(... I ALREADY-have ... ~6400 "BUTT-loads" of 'dinero'.  So, NOW I FOCUS-on more "NON-material"-possessions ... like FRIENDSHIP, ROMANCE & HEALTH.  ... I am REALLY-LACKING/-STRUGGLING in THESE areas.)
(  : (  )


-- JOKES ... that MAY-be "OVER your head", 'cuz THEY're for "SMAHTEES":


--> "If an OPTIMIST sees a glass as half-FULL, & a PESSIMIST sees the SAME-glass as half-EMPTY, ... WHAT does the ENGINEER see?

... A glass that is too-big by HALF."
--> ME: "Knock, knock!" 

Y'all: "Who's there?" 


ME: "Matthew." 


Y'all: "Matthew who?" 


ME: "'Math-you' could never do unless you had an IQ of 


152."



--> ME: "Ammonia and sodium hypochlorite hook up at a bar. 


... Everyone inside dies."


(... Sodium Hypochlorite is in most houses. It's called 


Chlorine Bleach. Mix it with Ammonia, and you get Chlorine 


Gas ... and DIE.  ... For REAL, it's dangerous.  It says so 


right on the bottle.  Also, doN'T mix chlorine with vinegar or 


basically any other cleaner. It's dangerous to clean a 


house right!)



... ME: "I've been reading this great book on 'ANTIgravity'.


... caN'T put it down."


... ME: "I have this new theory on inertia, ... but it's not gaining any momentum."



-- (AUDIBLE-sigh) My most-recent, LONGTIME girlfriend "DUMPED me".  ... My CATASTROPHIC-accident (TEMPORARILY-) PREVENTS me from CONSISTENTLY-speaking very COGENTLY.  

... Ergo, MY-PLIGHT reminds me of the LIFE of a PORTLY, BALD gentleman ... from a CLASSICALLY-FANTASTIC/LEGENDARY television-show: 
"Now I'll spend the rest of my life living alone, sitting in my 

disgusting little apartment, watching basketball games eating 


Chinese-takeout."***


(--George Costanza, 'Seinfeld')




... When I FIRST-meet an ATTRACTIVE-woman, I IMAGINE 

she's thinkin':


"As I FIRST 'look YOU over', I can TELL I'm gonna give you 


my WRONG telephone-#."


(... Aaahhh, SELF-deprecating HUMOR!)




... "ENOUGH is ENOUGH!  ... I have HAD-it with these 


MUTHAFUCKIN' [SEVERED-nerves in] this


MUTHAFUCKIN' [LEFT-LEG]!


(--Nevil Flynn, 'Snakes on a Plane')


(... 'Tis "FRUSTRATING" "to the Nth-degree", when my 


LEFT-leg SEEMS-to "IGNORE" so-MANY of my "NEURAL-


messages"!)     



... My BRAIN to my LEGS: 


"Do YOU remember the FIRST-thing I EVER-said to you?"


(... My LEGS shrug.)


BRAIN: "Do as I 'SAY', ... & you 'LIVE'."


(--Flynn, 'Snakes on a Plane')







KEY



* = BONUS!  The episode HIGHLIGHTED the COMMON 


"OBVIOUS-ECCENTRICITY" of MOST "STATISTICIANS".


** = The movie was made in 1985--MY BIRTH-year. 

(... COINCIDENCE?)



***
 
= I am FAR-MORE ... OPTIMISTIC.




...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive