Thursday, June 9, 2016

"DO"s & "DON'T"s:

... 
"DoN'T WAIT-for TIME.  ... MAKE it.
DoN'T WAIT-for LOVE.  ... FEEL it.
DoN'T WAIT-for MONEY.  ... EARN it.
DoN'T WAIT-for "the PATH".  ... FIND it.
DoN'T WAIT-for OPPORTUNITY.  ... CREATE it.
DoN'T go-for LESS.  ... GET the BEST.
DoN'T COMPARE.  ... Be UNIQUE.
DoN'T "FIGHT" your MIS-fortune.  ... "TRANSFORM" it.  
DoN'T AVOID failure.  ... USE it.    
DoN'T DWELL-on a MISTAKE.  ... LEARN-from it.
DoN'T 'back-DOWN'.  ... Go-AROUND.  (11)
DoN'T CLOSE your EYES.  ... OPEN your MIND.
DoN'T 'RUN for LIFE'.  ... 'EMBRACE it'."
(--Bigvai Volcy)

(... As for ME, I maintain EXEMPLARY "Time-MANAGEMENT!  ... My mom even about COMPLAINS-about MY "MULTI-tasking".  ... I'm sorry, I'm NOT-SORRY!
... My DISPLAY-of emotions is REALLY "SUB-par".  But, I "feel" ... EVERYTHING.
... I WAS WELL-"on my way" to a "MONETARILY-rewarding" occupation as a "Systems-Engineer" for a "Petroleum-Distributor".  (... IF I were to describe my PAST-occupation in SONG-lyrics, it'd be "I WORK-HAAARRRD ... fo' the MONEY!")
... I'm damn-PROUD of the MANY NEW-"routes" I have "CREATED":
NEW-/MORE-MATH at my middle school, SKIP "2nd-kyu BROWN" in Karate, SURVIVE & EXCEL-with a "T.B.I.", etc.  
... I KNOW my HIGH-POTENTIAL!  (... I "PUSH it"!)
... I'm a BIT-of a PERFECTIONIST, ... which is GOOD ... "to an EXTENT".  ... I KNOW & ACCEPT the FACT ... that I'll NOT-achieve the MENTAL-, PHYSICAL-, ROMANTIC-, OCCUPATIONAL- & PSYCHOLOGICAL- feats I once-HAD.  But, I'll CONTINUE-to STRIVE-for "the BEST I CAN GET".
... As I've NEVER-met ANYONE who has EVER-"overcome" a "T.B.I.", I have NOBODY with-/to-whoM COMPARE & CONTRAST.  So, I'm--AGAIN--"BOLDLY-going where NO-man has gone BEFORE".
... It took me ... a WHILE, ... but I've--FINALLY--decided-to just "SMILE & 'SUCK it UP'" ... regarding my BRAIN-injury, "SEMI-SILENCED voice" & "deadened LEG-nerves".  ... ''C'est la vie.''    
... I "USE" my "VICES" & "DRAWBACKS" as "FUEL" for my GROWING "INTERNAL-'FIRE'" for SELF-"IMPROVEMENT"!   ... Approximately 7.84 years ago, I made the GARGANTUAN-MISTAKE of TRUSTING-"the WORD" of my auto-mechanic.  ... As a RESULT, I've LEARNED-MUCH about physics-applicationS, statistical-analysis, 
"FRUITFUL"-/rewarding-handicapped-TREATMENT, & how UN-popular "OPTIMISM is.  (  : (  )
... RATHER-than COMPLETELY-AVOIDING VARIOUS "Character-TESTS", I SIMPLY-devise ALTERNATIVE-schemes to BETTER my CHANCES of SUCCESS.
... I--ONLY--"shut my eyes"--LITERALLY, when I'm DEEP-in-CONCENTRATION ... and/or SLEEPING.  ... But, I'm ALWAYS "OPEN-to"/WELCOMING NEW & DIFFERENT ideas!
... After my accident, I COULD've just "given-UP HOPE" ... COUNTLESS-times.  ... But, "THAT's just NOT MY-style."  ... I'm too-OPTIMISTIC & -DETERMINED/-PERSEVERANT.
       

-- My "SPEECH-Therapy"-sessions ACT as OTHER-forms of "REHAB" for me:
-- When we play Scrabble, I ALWAYS keep-SCORE--MENTALLY.
-- ... I CALCULATE point-totals--"in my HEAD".  Then, I WRITE 'em down ... with a PENCIL & my RIGHT-hand.
-- My SPEECH-Therapist & I are quite EVENLY-matched.  So, I--a typically very-COMPETITIVE person ... with ANYTHING, have-learned to GRACIOUSLY JUST-ENJOY the GAME & COMPANY.  So, I'm TRYING-to be LESS-haughty & -competitive.
-- After Scrabble, I ALWAYS pick-up ALL the played-"tiles" ... with my LEFT-hand.
-- I almost-ALWAYS EAT--via MOUTH--TWO scrambled/fried eggs.
-- TODAY, I played the part of "TEACHER", ... as I TAUGHT-her TWO new-words during HER Scrabble-WIN.
(... DAMNIT.  I FORGOT what they WERE!)

-- "Your 'CRAFT' is a 'MUSCLE'--EXERCISE it."
(--'Wet, Hot American Summer') 
... ONE of my MANY SKILLS is Martial Arts ... which I JUST went-to TONIGHT ... for the 24th YEAR!
... ANOTHER "SKILL" of MINE is ... MENTAL-MATH.  
(... I TRULY-AM ... AMAZING.)



-- "'Eternal-NOTHINGNESS' is OKAY, ... if you DRESS-for it."
(--JOKE by Charlie Epees, mathematician, 'NUMB3RS')
(... On the OTHER-hand, I do-NOT/will-NOT ACCEPT ... "FAILURE".)
(... It PAINED me to TYPE-that!)   


-- "SOMETIMES ... the 'road LESS-traveled' ... is 'LESS-traveled' ... for a REASON."
(--Jerry, 'Seinfeld')  
(... There has been ... close-to ZERO "FULL-recoverers" of "Traumatic Brain-Injurie"S, just-'cuz it's so, so, SSSOOO RIDICULOUSLY-INTENSE of an INJURY!  ... Nonetheless, I've GOTTA-try my-BEST!)   

... "SOMETIMES the BAD-things that happen in our lives put us DIRECTLY 'on the PATH' to the BEST-things that will EVER-happen to us."
(--Nicole Reed)
(... I'm NOT-gonna LIE: 
WHEN I "DEFEAT"/"CONQUER" my disabilitIES, 'tWILL be MY PEAK/"MAXIMUM"* of ECSTASY & PRIDE!)


-- "You either DIE a HERO, ... or live LONG-enough to become a VILLAIN."
(--Harvey Dent/Two-Face, 'The Dark Knight')
(... How-'BOUT I just "live LONG-enough to" "SOAK-in"/REVEL-in MY HERO-ism?!)    


-- My BRO--to ME, AFTER his impending-VISIT:
"The [BRAIN-injury] you're 'fighting' ... is the 'BIGGEST -[BATTLE]' I've EVER-seen!"
MY-response: "THAT is why your-name woN'T be-REMEMBERED."
(--Achilles, 'Troy')
(... I do-NOT mean THAT--at-ALL--as a "backhanded-SLAP" to my "BROzeph"!  ... I mean, he's going-for his DOCTORATE ... WHILE TEACHING-classES ... in TURKEY!)     


-- "'KARATE' is NOT-about 'being BETTER-than someone-ELSE'.  ... It IS-about 'being BETTER-than you WERE the day-BEFORE'."
(--Unknown)

... "I think .. your ''LIFE's work' ... should-be what YOU-think ... is IMPORTANT."(--'NUMB3RS')
(... Ergo, I WANNA-be a ... HAPPILY-MARRIED ... "T.B.I."-"CONQUERING" ... 3-time/-style BLACK belted, ... FILM-critic ... OR MATH-tutor.)  






KEY
* = I HAD-to "throw-IN" a MATHEMATICAL-reference!

... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive