Sunday, June 5, 2016

HOW I (MY-MIND) "FUNCTION(S):

...
When someone tells me his/her birthday, I IMMEDIATELY-calculate his/her AGE.
(... 'Tis NOT-intended to be RUDE!  'Tis just HOW MY-brain "operates".)


-- Among ALL-shapes with the SAME-"perimeter", the CIRCLE has the GREATEST-/LARGEST-"area".
(... Especially-NOW, I HAFTA just LOOK-at stuff to DISTINGUISH its/their MANEUVERABILITY.)

... Yet, among ALL-shapes with the SAME-"area", the CIRCLE has the SMALLEST-/SHORTEST-"perimeter".
(... 'Tis "space-EFFICIENT".)



-- If you write-out pi to TWO decimal places (3.14)--BACKWARDS, it spells "P I E". 
(... Oh, SWEET III-rony!)


-- The SPIRAL-shapes of sunflowers follow a "Fibonacci-sequence".
(... That’s where you add the two preceding numbers in the sequence to give you the next one. So it starts 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, etc.)


-- A pizza that has radius “z” and height “a” has a volume of "'Pi' × z × z × a". 


-- The word hundred is derived from the word “hundrath”, which actually means 120 and not 100.


-- 111,111,111 × 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

... To a "LESSER-extent":  111 × 111 = 12321.


... (6 × 9) + (6 + 9) = 69


-- "'10' seconds" = EXACTLY six weeks 
(... HOW?!)

... "10!" means 10 factorial. 
(... I.e. 10! = 10 × 9 × 8 × 7 × 6 × 5 × 4 × 3 × 2 × 1 = 3628800 seconds, ... which is 42 days, or 6 weeks, ... EXACTLY)


-- (AUDIBLE-sigh)
I have-NOT felt this "LOST", since 

I FAILED-OUT of 

"The School for the DEAF".

... Mom--to ME: "But, A.J., you're NOT-DEAF!"
ME: "I KNOW!  ... 'Twas REALLY-TOUGH!"
Mom: "A.J., you're 'NUTTIER' than George Washington Carver's lunchbox."


-- I was watching 'The Dead Poets Society' this morning, when I was INSPIRED:


'She Walks in Beauty'



"She walks in beauty, like the night
  Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
  Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light       
 Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
One shade the more, one ray the less,
  Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
  Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
  How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
  So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
  But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
  A heart whose love is innocent!"
(--George Gordon Byron)
_______________________________________________

... (MY version, entitled 'I LONG-For Walking':)


"I long-for walking ... & strong-LEGS.
Plus, tastebuds would really be GREAT!
My mom hears me plead & asks why he (I) BEGS.
'How does he stay-sane in this frustrating-'STATE'?!
I calm-down, when I count with my cribbage-PEGS.
In terms-of 'walking down the aisle', I am quite LATE.

With weight-shifts, I will stay-STRONG!
In terms of physics, my mind can't be BEAT.
Since my accident, it's been too-LONG!
I feel too-relaxed, when I'm in a SEAT.
... But, sitting & not-standing ... is WRONG!
... A wheelchair makes a lady tough-to MEET.

I WAS quite-brilliant ... with my 'beautiful-MIND'.
... Now, my 'T.B.I.' makes all tough-to under-STAND!
I must-be thankful, for at-least I'm not-BLIND!
Sadly to say: my days are rather-BLAND.
With-out working-legs, I'm 'in quite a BIND'.
Sadly, the 'pilots of my legs' are 'under-MANNED'."
______________________________________________
... I just wanted to show ... my ECLECTIC-interests, my LINGUISTIC-creativity & my HERCULEAN-passion for "WALKING".  
((... AND my impressive time-MANAGEMENT, as I ... FINALLY-obtained the most-RECENT NOTES for class, completed ONE (SUB-par) Quiz, (INTERNALLY-) scheduled a second-attempt TOMORROW, watched the Turkish NATIONAL soccer-team BEAT Slovenia ... "on the ROAD",  revised my ENTIRE "DETERMINATION"-Speech ... for the ADULTS' (Karate-) class & HAPPILY CO-watched Golden State DOMINATE Cleveland in the NBA-playoffs ... with my housemate.))


-- In my LAST 'Finance & Accounting'-class, I announced--LOUDLY, to the class:
"I came-up with a HELPFUL ... & ironic ... mnemonic-device for remembering the DIFFERENT-types of "Cash Flows":

 'Oh, I Forgot' ... to REMEMBER the 'THREE Types of Cash-Flow':   
'Operating Investing Financing'."


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive