Sunday, June 12, 2016

My CONFUSING, FRUSTRATING RE-enrollment for my (UNFINISHED/INCOMPLETE) Master's degree:

... 
-- 'Tis an ODD, UN-comfortable, NEW--to ME, almost "FOREIGN"* ACADEMIC-experience!  ... 'Tis a NIGHTMARE!
This "STUDYING"-concept is "REALLY a DRAG"!
(... Glad I NEVER-DID it!)

... But, I DID--THANKFULLY--"get BACK-on the RIGHT-track" with an "EXEMPLARY-performance" on my last-"Quiz" late last night ... ALL by-MYSELF!

... THIS is "MY FIRST-time" ... EVER that I am VERY-CONTENT with a "SOLID-'B'** ... or MAYBE a 'B+'***.
(... My "T.B.I." has DRASTICALLY-LOWERED my STANDARDS for my once-LOFTY & 'STUNNING ... but 
-REALISTIC ... ACADEMIC-, ATHLETIC- & COMIC-"SKILLS".)


-- "Are you paying-ATTENTION? ... Good. If you are NOT-listening carefully, you will miss things ... IMPORTANT-things. I will-NOT pause, I will-NOT repeat myself, and you will-NOT interrupt me. You think that because you're sitting where you are, and I am sitting where I am, that you are in control of what is about to happen. You're mistaken. I am in control, because I know things that you do not know. 
[pause]
... What I will need from you now is a commitment. You will 
listen closely, and you will not judge me until I am finished 
[REHABBING].  If you cannot commit to this, then please 
leave the room. But, IF you choose to stay, remember you 
chose to be here. What happens from this moment forward is 
not my responsibility.  It's YOURS.  ... Pay ATTENTION."
(--Alan Turing, 'The Imitation Game')

... Y'all kinda-HAFTA ... be-PATIENT ... & SUPPORT me THROUGHOUT my LONG & sometimes UN-eventful REHAB!  
(... Compliments ENCOURAGE me!) 


-- "Ya NEVER-KNOW, 'til you TRY."
For the PAST 3+ DAYS, I've been experiencing this EXCRUCIATING-PAIN ONLY-in my LEFT-hip, when I TRY-to "WALK" and/or STAND.  
... But, this-MORNING ... I TRIIED-to "WALK"-to my toilet to URINATE.  ... I made-SURE my Caregiver set up a CHAIR ... ~HALFWAY-there IN-CASE my hip-PAIN was THAT-BAD. 
... But, upon "TREKKING" to said "CHAIR", I told my Caregiver that 'twas NOT-necessary, as I could--& DID--make it "ALL the WAY" ... 'a mi banyo'.

... SURE-enough, ... AAAAAHHHHH!  Not-ONLY did I incorporate some HELPFUL "Weight-SHIFTING" for the/my "WALKING", ... but I was ABLE-to pain-LESS-ly 
STAND ... & urinate INTO my toilet ... for TWO SEPARATE "TREKS"/TRIPS this morning!
(... YAY!)


... I'm STILL-CONFUSED: 
(I have an ITCHY bug-bite ... on my LEFT-ankle.)
My housemate EXCLAIMS: 
"Maybe you've got the Avian-flu!  ... Although, THAT-ailment TYPICALLY-has an 'ASIAN-feel' to it."
(... I scratch my head in WONDER.)
ME: "How EXACTLY does a bump … 'FEEL-Asian'?!"
(--Amy, 'The Big Bang Theory')


-- STORY of MY-LIFE:

"Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine."
(--'The Imitation Game')


-- I JUST-watched MY LIFE-story--from high school -->

'Revenge of the NERDS'.   (... at @7 pm)

... THAT reminded me of a rather-UNFORTUNATE "Pledge-name" a "Pledge-brother" of mine had:
"POOR-LEE". 
(... 'Tis HYSTERICAL, 'cuz he's Asian, so his "NAME" was written as 'Por Li', ... & his last name REALLY-IS
"Hong".  ... So, his name--in my fraternity--WAS ... 
"PoorLy Hung".  ... Ha ha HA!)


-- "I went from being a 'POOR-SHMUCK' to a 'RICH-PRICK'"
(--Larry David as HOST of 'SNL')

... Well, PRE-accident, I wasN'T-exactly "POOR".  ... But, I was "FAR-from 'RICH'".  ... No-comment on my SIMILARTIES-to a "MALE SEXUAL-organ"****.    

... NOT-to BRAG or REVEAL personal-DETAILS, but I've MADE 
an ~$0.13 MILLION SALARY SINCE my TERRIBLY-UNFORTUNATE accident ... for doing NOTHING ... OTHER-than "WORKING-on REHABBING my BRAIN & LEGS"!

... THOSE numbers INCLUDE any/ALL expenses: 
They're ALL-PROFITS.

... My RECENT-"work" in my 'Accounting/Finance'***** prompted me to email my Economic-Advisor about MY PARTICULAR "Retirement-Plan", ... JUST-'cuz I'm CURIOUS.





KEY  

* = POOR-"choice of words"/"diction"!  ... I am actually ... VERY COMFORTABLE with ... "OTHER-cultures &-languages"--BOTH understanding ... & SPEAKING 'em.   


** = EXCEPT on my Hepatitis-test

*** = According-to the NUMBERS, it's STILL very-POSSIBLE.

**** = BOTH "shmuck" AND "prick" CAN-be SLANG for "PENIS" or "DICK".

***** = ONE thing I've LEARNED in/from SAID-"class" is that "ACCOUNTING" reports the PAST, ... while "FINANCE" looks-to the FUTURE.


... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive