Sunday, August 30, 2015

"Go with your GUT!"

… (METAPHORICALLY)
(…HONESTLY, PRE-accident, I took-PRIDE in the FACT that I had a "4-pack", … while I STILL ENJOYED FREQUENTLY "chillin'"/"hangin'" w/ my PALS & being SUPER-social … AND bein'  VERY-ACTIVE in my MARTIAL ARTS.)

Don't confuse poor decision-making or errors in judgement 

with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. 

LEARN from them, so they can "EMPOWER" you..!



"'Failure' is NOT a SINGLE, cataclysmic event.  You doN'T 

'fail' OVERNIGHT.  

… 

Instead,'FAILURE' is a FEW ERRORS in judgment, 

REPEATED every day."

(--Jim Rohn)




So, "the jury's BACK … WITH the VERDICT".  

This morning I watched the SYMBOLIC-film of my REHAB, 

ATHLETIC-VENTURES, "JOURNEY" & … "LIFE":



'VISION QUEST'.



(… My "DEAD" LEG-nerves play the part of HERALDED, 

PREVIOUSLY-UNdefeated WRESTLER Ryan Schute.  The 

protagonist, Louden Swain--ME--ULTIMATELY defeats his 

STAR-opponent to CONCLUDE the film.)



… 

NOT to BRAG, … but I WILL:

(… I PRIDE-myself on MY academic-/intellectual-

EXCELLENCE.  So, isN'T it A BIT ODD/STRANGE that …)

1) I actually REMEMBER (YAY!) my cumulative high school 

GPA was a "SPARKLING" 4.7613.

(WHAT can I say?!  I KNOW & RESPECT … the "POWER" 

of NUMBERS.  ('NUMB3RS' was a PHENOMENAL TV-

show!)

2) I did NOT receive/earn a 'B' on a school-"REPORT CARD" 

'til my freshman year of COLLEGE.  ("THANK YOU, 'IVY 

LEAGUE'-'University of Pennsylvania'!)

(… Did y'all DE-tect the SARCASM?!)

3) The difference--in YEARS--between my youngER brother & I (2) "raised to the power of the TOTAL # of my parents' offspring (3)" = the difference--in YEARS--between my parents' ELDEST child (ME) & their YOUNGEST (my sister) 
= 2^(3rd) = 8


"'OPTIMISM' is the FAITH that leads to ACHIEVEMENT.  

NOTHING can be done withOUT HOPE & CONFIDENCE."

(--Helen Keller)


I "conducted" TWO interviews this afternoon, & I have TWO 

MORE scheduled for 'man(tilde)ana por la man(tilde)ana'.  

These FOUR guests are TRYING-to "fill a spot/position 

RECENTLY-vacated" by a FORMERLY-fun, NOW-

disappointing EX-caregiver … who INEXPLICABLY moved 

his family ~1.5 hours AWAY.  BOTH NEW-guys were 

GREAT!  

If I HAD-to state a PREFERENCE, I'd say I liked the second 

guy MORE.  HOWEVER, not-only did he BRING his LOUD & 

very OBNOXIOUS "wife & THREE kids" TO the 

JOB-interview, but he OPENLY-questioned and -DOUBTED 

my NURSE'S MEDICAL-opinion.

… C'mON!  WHERE's the PROPER/LOGICAL interview-

ETIQUETTE?!  Even KNOW … you doN'T DIS-agree 

with an interviewER in HER "area-of-EXPERTISE"!


… 

Reviewing my fun LATE last night, I went-OUT … with my 

housemate to our "high school"-buddy's house … to play 

some POKER!  It was GREAT!

For the first 3+ hours, I didN'T win a hand!  

: (

Then, I ANNOUNCED: "ONE-MORE hand!"

… 

SURE ENOUGH, PLUS I decided-to FINALLY try "MY talent" 

of SEMI-"counting cards" … on the LAST frickin' hand!  

… Well, I went "ALL-IN" … with "a pair of TENs".

… ANOTHER Ten came "on the TURN"!

So, I CONCLUDED the night (I got HOME--from Miami--at 

11:52 pm.) with a HUGE-win!




...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive