Friday, August 7, 2015

"Is it 'NATURE' or 'NURTURE'?!"


In regards to my "MARTIAL ARTS"-class last night,
the STUDENTS (KIDS) were GREAT!
But--However--On the OTHER hand--CONTRADICTORILY, MOST of the PARENTS were
the "ANTITHESIS of MODEL-/RESPONSIBLE-behavior"!

(… I'm "SLOWLY shaking my head in SADNESS & DISGUST".)

As the 'karateka' sat--QUIETLY/WELL-behaved & READY to spar, her MOM LOUDLY "barked" some Spanish "SWEAR-/CURSE-words" into her cell-phone.  (APPARENTLY, SOMEONE is a 'GILIPOLLAS' AND/OR 'una PINCHE IDIOTA'.)
PLUS, her "good-for-NOTHING" GRANDfather (I'm GUESSING, … 'cuz he was very-OLD!) just LET two even YOUNGER kids--of THEIRS--RUDELY run ONTO the dojo-floor & INTERRUPT class … TWICE!
ALL the while the STUDENT-daughter was seated-QUIETLY & INTENTLY-focused on CLASS.
(… AUDIBLE SSSIIIGGGHHH)


… Regarding the TOPIC-question, I think/KNOW 'tis a lil bit of BOTH, … which makes 'la pregunta' VERY-CIRCUMSTATIAL.

… The 'Karateka' is a STRONG-example AGAINST the pro-"Nurture" argument, 'cuz her GOOD-behavior "falls in SHARP-CONTRAST" to the REPREHENSIBLE-behavior exhibited by her SIBLINGS.  Also, her QUALITY-concentration shows that her parents' "PISS-POOR" parents' "CRAPPY child-RAISING/-REARING" did NOT necessarily "leave a PERMANENT-mark" on HER "way-of-LIFE".

… "Turning the attention toward ME",
I am the "PRODUCT" of a "high school"-VALEDICTORIAN (MOM) &  MATHEMATICAL-GENIUS (DAD).
My FOREIGN-father inspired my BROTHER & I to be very CULTURED & MULTI-lingual.
(… Speaking of the academic-curiosity of 'mi hermano', last night HE asked ME for HELP in his studies for a BIG preparatory MATH-test for HIS doctoral-studies … ABROAD.)
(… I'm NOT gonna LIE:
I was PLEASANTLY-surprised that he KNEW/REMEMBERED a "probability-theorem" involving "FACTORIALS"!)


P.S. "Bertrum" (I call my brother THAT to ANNOY him.  … Ha ha HA!)
He took OFFICIAL "PRE-Test" today & felt … "SOLID".



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive