Thursday, August 6, 2015

"If you want BIG-REWARDS, you've gotta take BIG-RISKS."

… (--'Summer Catch')


So, I "got-UP" (… into my WHEELCHAIR, NOT WOKE-UP) EARLY this morning, … 'cuz I just FELT like it. 
(Schedule-CHANGE, SPEECH, Martial arts, etc.)
ME: "WHAT?!  … Look.  ALL that matters is being (REMEMBERED.  WALKING-tall & SEMI-humbly bragging)!  And, right now, I'm lucky if (I can WALK--with ASSISTANCE--to my toilet to NOT "PISS-myself" in the middle of the night)!
ME: "WHAT?!  … Look.  ALL that matters is being (REMEMBERED.  WALKING-tall & SEMI-humbly bragging)!  And, right now, I'm lucky if (I can WALK--with ASSISTANCE--to my toilet to NOT "PISS-myself" in the middle of the night)!
HOWEVER, the PARENTS & OBSERVERS were VERY ANNOYING, EMBARRASSING & NOT-exemplary!



My VISITING brother: "NO!  You're WRONG!"
ME: "Bull-SHIT!  That's ALL that MATTERS!
Him: "No bullshit!  What matters is there's some of us who would say you've already made it! Some of us-- Some of us who've been there for you … (Who came to visit you when you were MISERABLE up at F.I.N.R. … And, who tries to get his friends to come hang out?!  Yeah, I MATTER.  You bet your ass what I think matters.  (YOUR commitment to academic-EXCELLENCE INSPIRED me to PURSUE my DOCTORATE … INTERNATIONALLY!)  And, I'm - I'm proud as hell you've done what you've done.  … It's - It's about having pride in what you do... Cuz - Cuz I do.  …"
(--'Summer Catch')

(To MYSELF:)
"LET yourself be GREAT."

So, there were ALOTTA GREAT "performances" by the KIDS at Karate-class tonight.




...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive