Tuesday, November 17, 2015

PLEASE excuse my--occasional--IMPROPIETY!


Only SOMETIMES do I begin my "BIWEEKLY"/"ONCE every TWO weeks" Neural-PsychoTherapy-appointment with MY "WALKING".
(… TODAY, … 'cuz of my "BAD"-/INJURED-"LEFT hip" … I did NOT.)
(… 'TIS IMPROVING, though.  Just "'tis better to be SAFE than SORRY".)


Due-to my UN-fortunate, ILL-timed "Traumatic Brain-Injury", I kinda-LACK a FIRM, STABLE
"FILTER of PROPRIETY".  As a result, I TEND-to say/write MANY things I later REGRET. 
(… "HINDSIGHT's 20-20.")





_____________________________________________

I watched the FANTASTIC film--'Dead Poets Society'--this morning.  I could DIRECTLY-relate to some quotes.

"The four pillars of TRUTH & GROWTH: Tradition, honor, discipline, excellence."
(… I AGREE with THESE.  But, I might ADD four MORE:
"CONSISTENCY, INTEGRITY, GENEROSITY, REPETITION"--me)

(Students' MOCKERY:)
"Travesty. Horror. Decadence. Excrement."



John Keating: We don't read and write poetry because it's 

cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of 

the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. 

And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble 

pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, 

romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote 

from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these 

recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled 

with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" 

Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that 

the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. 

That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a 

verse. What will your verse be?  
 


Todd Anderson: [standing on his desk] "Oh captain, my 

captain."

(--quoting Henry David Thoreau) 

(… Now, if I were REALLY "full of MYSELF", I'd instruct my 

employEES to address me as SUCH.  

… But, NONE of 'em are FAMILIAR-enough with GOOD-

films and/or CLASSIC-literature to UNDERSTAND the 

reference.)


Professor John Keating: "No matter what anybody tells you, 

words and ideas can change the world."

(… THAT's KINDA-what I HOPE-to ACCOMPLISH with my 

BLOG!)



Professor Keating: "(Folks), you must strive to find your own 

voice. Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely

you are to find it at all. Thoreau said, 'Most men lead lives of 

quiet desperation.'  Don't be resigned to that. Break out!"  






John Keating: "Thank you for playing, …  I stand 

upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look 

at things in a different way."

(… "I WOULD, if I COULD.  But, I CAN'T, so I SHAN'T.")





( Professor Keating was voted--in his high school 

yearbook--"Most Likely to Do ANYTHING" as a Senior-

Superlative.

… I was voted--by my peers--"Most Likely to SUCCEED"--in 

2003.  Even though I COULD've/WOULD've/SHOULD've 

"received" that "ANYTHING"-award, I'm CONTENT with my 

TRUE-recognition.)






John Keating: Now we all have a great need for 

acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, 

your own, even though others may think them odd or 

unpopular, even though the herd may go,

[imitating a goat]

John Keating: "that's baaaaad." Robert Frost said, "Two 

roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled 

by, and that has made all the difference."






John Keating: There's a time for daring and there's a time 

for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for.  



John Keating: Sucking the marrow out of life doesn't mean 

choking on the bone.







P.S. In lieu of my "NeuroPsycho-Therapist's DIS-taste for my 

use of the word "CRIPPLE", (… I meant ABSOLUTELY-NO 

offense by the term.  I've merely-"ACCEPTED" my 

PHYSICAL-limitations … to use 'em as MY-MOTIVATION.) 

I've SUBSTITUTED the "NICKNAME" … for MYSELF "HOT-

wheels" in for the POORLY-chosen term "CRIP-puhl":


(MY version … entitled, 
'WHAT You Must-Do':)


"HOT-wheels, you can't always be SAD.
'Tis your per-son-AH-lih-tee to always be GLAD.
I said, HOT-wheels, you're doin' well … NOT BAD.
There's NO-NEED to constantly be MAD.

HOT-wheels, … do ya want some rih-SPECT?
I said, HOT-wheels, … praise you'll cah-LECT.
As long as you're there, 'your spirits will RISE'.
You help kids reach 'martial arts'-HIGHS!

It's fun to envision WHAAAAAT You MUST DO!
It's fun to envision WHAT You MUST DO!

There are so many kids to in-SPIRE
To be ACTIVE rather-than to rih-TIRE!

It's fun to envision WHAAAAAT You MUST DO!
It's fun to envision WHAT You MUST DO!

You can frequently-TEACH.  You will always-LEARN.
Soon, your physical-limits will 'TURN'!

HOT-wheels, there's no need to stay-DOWN!
I said, HOT-wheels, doN'T make me push you 'round TOWN!
I said, HOT-wheels, you've GOTTA 'run' for your GOALS!
But, you've gotta 'keep this in MIND'!

Although you ARE very 'STRONG',
I said, HOT-wheels, this MIGHT take forever-LONG.
But, by PRACTICING my 'WALK' instead-of ''takin' a RIDE'',
I'm sure--in time--you'll 'lengthen your STRIDE'.

It's NICE you re-ah-lize WHAT YOU MUST DO! 
It's NICE you re-ah-lize WHAT YOU MUST DO! 

There are so many kids to in-SPIRE
To be ACTIVE rather-than to rih-TIRE!

'Tis comforting to see WHAT YOU MUST DO!
'Tis comforting to see WHAT YOU MUST DO!

You operate some 'TEAMS'.  You frequently 'TALK'.
With-OUT assistance you'll soon WAAAALK!

Young 'Wheels', I wouldN'T wanna 'BE in your SHOES'.
I caN'T imagine how OFTEN you 'sing the BLUES'.
NO ONE can understand all the 'hurdles' you SEE.
Thus, IGNORE all the 'faux'-ehm-pah-THEE'!

Just interpret it as sihm-pah-THEE!
You're, STILL, ridiculously-smart, so I'm full-of EN-VEE!
A 'NORMAL'-dude would shy-AWAY from what you must DO!
'LessER-beings' are inspired-by YOU!

It's COMFORTING you know WHAT YOU MUST DO! 
It's COMFORTING you know WHAT YOU MUST DO!

You must have ALOTTA TENSION!
As your employees CLEARLY-NEED much ah-TTENTION!

WHAT YOU MUST DO!… You know WHAT YOU MUST DO!

Young , young 'WHEELS', you shaN'T stay 'DOWN'!
Young 'WHEELS', young 'Wheels', get yo' butt OFF da' GROUND!

WHAT YOU MUST DO!  Just do WHAT YOU MUST DO!

Young 'WHEELS', young 'Wheels', opportunities ah-BOUND!
Young 'WHEELS', young 'Wheels', it's amazing you hear all-SOUND!

WHAT YOU MUST DO!  Just do WHAT YOU MUST DO!

Young 'WHEELS', young 'Wheels', areN'T you ready to STAND?!
Young 'WHEELS', young 'Wheels', from your 'WALKING-voyage' you must 'LAND'!"

(… SEE?!  I accept CRITICAL-requests.)




...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive