Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I MUST "TREASURE" my PAST accomplishments!


ACADEMIC

-- I WON my (elementary-)school-WIDE Spelling bee … as a 4th-grader.

-- When I was the ONLY EIGTH-grader at my LOCAL-HIGH SCHOOL--for "Algebra 1", I traveled via "PRIVATE"/"PERSONAL" school-bus EVERY weekday.
(… PLUS, my MIDDLE school started EACH school-day LATER that year.  So, I "sat-in" on my FAVORITE Science-teacher's (7th grade) class & "GOOFED-around"/"SHOT the SHIT"/"made an ASS of myself" … for 56 minutes of EVERY school-day.)

-- … Thus, I "FORCED" my middle school to ALTER its curriculum to offer MORE, ADVANCED MATHEMATICAL-courses.

-- "I graduated 'suma CUM LAUDE' from (a PRESTIGIOUS high school).

That's Latin for 'with HIGHEST HONOR'."
(--Sheldon, 'The Big Bang Theory')

-- … My "cum(-ulative) GPA"--in high school was a "WEIGHTED" 4.7613.  THAT included, but was NOT limited-to
FOUR YEARS of ALL "A"s,
AT LEAST 16 "HONORS"-classes,
AT LEAST SEVEN "Advanced Placement"-classes 
&  PERFECT MATH-"S.A.T." and "S.A.T. 2" scores.

… I applied to ONLY-ONE college (the COVETED, VENERABLE "Ivy League"-institution of "University of Pennsylvania".
… I got-IN.
(… THAT's CONFIDENCE!)

… I was ~one-THIRD of my way COMPLETED with my "ACCELERATED-'GRADUATE school'-degree in "Entrepreneurship", when my TRAGIC-accident occurred.

… I knew for a LONG-time that I was "QUITE different".
But, RATHER THAN try-to "blend-IN" & "FOLLOW the grain", I EMBRACED MY 

UNIQUENESS  

and VEHEMENTLY/EARNESTLY/"FRUITFULLY"/SUCCESSFULLY tried-to "harness the 'QI'" of MY strange/odd "GIFTS" to help OTHERS--via TUTORING, "Peer-COUNSELING" & … just GENERAL "assistance".

… 
MANY "norms" CRITICIZED my ODDitiES & self-LESS-ness.  But, they (my DOUBTERS/HATERS) WILL-get their "COMEUPPANCE"!

… "There's a FINE-line between 'WRONG' & 'VISIONARY'.
… UN-fortunatately, you have to be a VISIONARY to 'SEE' it."
(--Dr. Sheldon Cooper, 'The Big Bang Theory')



ATHLETIC

-- 23+ years studying "MARTIAL ARTS" (and GOING …)
10+ years TEACHING "MARTIAL ARTS" (and GOING …)

-- EIGHT years of COMPETITIVE "amateur-WRESTLING" (high school AND college)

-- YOUTH-level of 
SOCCER (4 years)
FOOTBALL (1 year)
BASKETBALL (3 years)
RECREATIONAL-PING PONG (12+ years)

-- "Instead of being stymied by any type of change, you can be stimulated by them."
(--Denver Broncos FUTURE Hall-of-Famer QB Peyton Manning)
(… "'SHIT' happens."  … DEAL with it.  
… ''C'est la vie.'')



SOCIAL/PSYCHOLOGIC           

-- As a 3.5-year member of my college-FRATERNITY. I was ELECTED--by my PEERS--as "Eminent Chaplain" ("Frat-JOKESTER"/-FUNNY-guy") … SEVEN times.
(… THAT's EVERY semester.)

-- I've LONG used my CUNNING & HUMOR as a "COPING-mechanism", when I'm UN-comfortable. 
(… I've been COMMENDED for my "QUICK-WIT" & "pension for HILARITY".)

-- I "value" being CORDIAL/FRIENDLY over being CORRECT.
(… My senior-year of high school, I was voted--by my PEERS--as "Most Likely to Succeed".)



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive