Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"MIND over MATTER."


So, I NOW do ALL my "WALKING"--whether 'tis "to BEGIN my day", "to RELIEVE my BLADDER--at ANY time" or "to DISPLAY my PROGRESS at "NeuroFit 360"--'SANS' "Walk-AID".
DoN'T get me WRONG: That device has been GREAT!  But, my LEG-muscles … & HIP-muscles have "LEARNED" (PERSONIFICATION) PROPER weight-shifting & "UN-questioning" TRUSTING of my "strongER than it SEEMS" LEFT-leg.
Also, my brain's FINALLY "processing" what the staff at "NeuroFit 360" REPEATEDLY tells me about the BIOPHYSICS of IDEAL-leaning & BALANCED foot-placement.

… ALTHOUGH, I DID still have some QUESTIONS for the gym-OWNER--about my gait:
WHY did he SOMETIMES tell me to take LONG-strides & SOMETIMES SHORT?
(… He LAUGHED & JOKED that he likes to "KEEP me on-my-TOES".
… I "FAIL to see the HUMOR".)

… I already HAVE a LONG, EVENTFUL, "STORIED" history of "PHYSICS-MASTERY" in "Academia".  
But, NOW, I get to APPLY these "LAWS" on a BIOMECHANICAL-/ANATOMICAL-level!
(… I.e. YESTERDAY at "NeuroFit 360", I displayed some GREAT STANDING--COMPLETELY-ALONE (NO LEANING-on ANYTJING, NO "HELP" … for ~14 seconds!)
(… The OWNER "TRICKED me" by telling me--AFTERWARD--that he was merely TOUCHING my back … for ~2 seconds, THEN let-go!)

… 
"PAIN is TEMPORARY.
PRIDE is FOREVER.
And, …" 
(--Adam Richman, 'Man v. Food')
(… You'd THINK that any/ALL of my PLENTITUDE of SERIOUS-injuries would've HURT, but my 23+ years STUDYING/TEACHING martial arts TAUGHT-ME how to "harness my QI" & "block-OUT pain".  So, I'd just kinda "BITE my LIP" & FOCUS-on … 
"NOT-pain".)



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive