Friday, July 24, 2015

In a SEEMINGLY (IDEAL, IMAGINARY) ALTERNATE-universe, "We ALL use math EVERY DAY!"

… --Charlie, 'NUMB3RS'

… JEEZ!  I so, so, SSSOOO WANNA sing 'A Whole New World' from 'Aladdin'!

…   (HERE ya go:)
(… I shall play the part of "Aladdin".
My LEGS will be PERSONIFIED as "Princess Jasmine".)

Aladdin: I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?
Aladdin: I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride
Aladdin: A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming
Princess Jasmine: A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Aladdin: (Now I'm in a whole new world with you)
Princess Jasmine: Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feelings
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky
Princess Jasmine: A whole new world
Aladdin: (Don't you dare close your eyes)
Princess Jasmine: A hundred thousand things to see
Aladdin: (Hold your breath, it gets better)
Princess Jasmine: I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back
To where I used to be
Aladdin: A whole new world
Princess Jasmine: Every turn a surprise
Aladdin: With new horizons to pursue
Princess Jasmine: Every moment red letter
Both: I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you
Aladdin: A whole new world
Princess Jasmine: A whole new world
Aladdin: That's where we'll be
Princess Jasmine: That's where we'll be
Aladdin: A thrilling chase
Princess Jasmine: A wondrous place
Both: For you and me

(… Yeah, I USED-TO listen to the 'Aladdin'-soundtrack EVERY weekday-morning on the way TO my middle school.)


"We ALL 'wear MASKS' … METAPHORICALLY-speaking."
(--Stanley Ipkis, 'The Mask')



So, I found-out/learned … at ~10:08 am … that my SPEECH-Therapist would arrive at ~1:00 pm.
(… I HAFTA call HER every-OTHER morning, 'cuz her "TEACHING-schedule ALWAYS varies.)
HHHMMM, so, THAT gave me … 172 PREP-minutes (2 hours & 52 minutes) (~2.867 hours) to FURTHER-practice my AUDIBLE-, COGENT/INTELLIGIBLE-speaking & tongue-movement.


'Benim ane'--'Beh-NEEM AH-neh'--'My mom' (in TURKISH) brought-up a VERY-legitimate point!
She & I were "RATTLING-off" SYNONYMS for how "CONFUSED"/"CONFOUNDED"/"PERPLEXED"/"BEWILDERED"/"FLUMMOXED" she was with my--ALL-of-a-SUDDEN--BROKEN printer, when I stated that SHE was rather
"NONPLUSSED".
After enjoying a MOMENTARY gasp & chuckle at my CUNNING, my mom INSIGHTFULLY remarked"
"YES, you can be 'NON-plussed'.  But, can you EVER JUST be 'PLUSSED'?!"
MY reply: "In ADDITION--YES.  (SIGH) What caN'T MATH do?!"
(… THAT's rhetorical.)
(… EERIE SILENCE)


I watched PARTS-of 'Jerry Maguire', BEFORE "SPEECH-Therapy".
"SHOW-ME the MONEY!"
(… Wait, I already-have ALOTTA 'dinero'/'para'/"$"!)
(… But, I LACK … "KWAM"!
--Rod Tidwell, 'Jerry Maguire')


I had a GREAT "SPEECH-Therapy" session … as USUAL!
My "LINGUAL-"/TONGUE-movement is DEFINITELY IMPROVING!
LIKEWISE … for the COGENCY/INTELLIGIBILITY/UNDERSTANDABILITY of my
SPEAKING (FINALLY!).
I ATE--via MOUTH--ALL of ONE scrambled egg.
(… My MAIN-nurse has--TEMPORARILY--LIMITED my "consumption"--by "MAIN face-HOLE" … as opposed to "MAIN stomach-HOLE"--as a PRECAUTION … AGAINST further "G-peg/Gastrointestinal PROBLEMS".)
(… While I APPRECIATE the EXTREME biological-CARE, I tend-to get rather FRUSTRATED when OTHERS just "ASS-U-ME" they know MY "ANOMALY-esque" body BETTER than I--a "BioMEDICAL Engineer".
HARUMPF!)


(As time passes-by, & I CONTEMPLATE-over the NUMERIC-values, my housemate states--to a nearby associate:)
"Be PATIENT.  He'll get it.  THIS is how he 'PROCESSES' & 'FUNCTIONS'."
(… I CONCLUDE my "calculations".  They stare--CONFUSED, AMAZED & BEWILDERED at my CONCLUSIONS.
Housemate--about ME: "He's a MATHEMATICIAN.  They have THEIR-OWN 'language'."
(… --'NUMB3RS')
ME: (I shrug.) "I just do what I DO.  I just 'SEE' it."


"The ONLY way to ACHIEVE the 'IMPOSSIBLE' …
is to BELIEVE it!"
((--'Alice in Wonderland' (2010))

… So MANY (MEDICAL-)"doctors" have deemed MY "WALKING", TALKING & (HELL …) "FUNCTIONING" … "IM-possible!"

… Am I in … "WONDER-land" or … "NEVER-land"?!
(--Peter Pan)



… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive