Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"No PAIN … no GAIN"



(About ME:)

"Does PAIN EVER go-away COMPLETELY?!

NO.

But, it 'SOFTENS' around 'the edges'
& becomes BEARABLE.
It EVENTUALLY becomes JUST a SIGH or a NOD--as an OUTWARD-display.
But, mostly it (JUST) becomes a PART of US.

That PART is who we are 
TODAY.

RIGHT NOW.

AT THIS MOMENT."

(… The preceding "confession" was SEMI-quoted from a fellow-patient of mine at "NeuroFit 360".
She's GREAT--ALWAYS jovial & enthusiastic.  
Should I be UPSET that her OPTIMISM is … CONTAGIOUS?!
BLASPHEMY!



REGRETTABLY (… Or, FORTUNATELY?) I HAD TO cancel my LEG-workout on Monday--due to my "HANGIN' out" w/ my VISITING-friends.
Thus, ACCORDING TO the "blog post"-TOPIC, it would SEEM that I "LOST" the CHANCE/OPPORTUNITY for ANY POSSIBLE--PHYSICAL--"GAIN".
(… SHUCKS!)

… On the CONTRARY, I DO believe that the SEMI "day-OFF" was GOOD for me!
(… PHYSICALLY/MUSCULARLY, RESTFULLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY & SOCIALLY)


So, my workout today was VERY "UP & DOWN":
(  : (  )
(  : (  )
I entered "NeuroFit 360" with an--INEXPLICABLY--SORE & PAINFUL LEFT-hip.
As if he could "SENSE" MY suffering, the OWNER started me with some ARM-strengthening & TRUNK-control/-maneuvering.  NEXT, I did TEN STRAIGHT minutes on the "MANUAL"-stepping option on the … "mechanized-STEPPER".  (DAMNIT!  What's the NAME?!) I CONSTANTLY "FAVORED" my TIGHT-side. 'cuz of my SORE hip.  While "WALKING"/"STEPPING", my LEFT-shoulder started REALLY "ACHING"!  Thus, I "took it upon … MYSELF" to switch my hand-positioning to LOWER my grasp from AROUND the shoulder-high, BACK-&-FORTH, MOVING "levers" to the chest-level, STATIONARY MID-grips.
I stretched & strengthened my GLUTES by--INDIVIDUALLY--swinging EACH leg back & SLOWLY returning it forward--ALL WHILE it's strapped to a 12.5 kg weight.  PLUS, I was "STANDING".  HOWEVER, my SWINGING foot KEPT dragging against the floor.  Ergo, "my TRAINER"/"the OWNER" WISELY had me "STAND" on TWO RAISED-"blocks"--to ALLOW for GREATER "swing-room".

OVERALL, the workout went … WELL.



DURING my "BLACK BELT"-TEST, I "SEPARATED my RIGHT shoulder" (IRONICALLY … NOW … in HIND-sight).
But, I "hung-in there"/"TOUGHED-it OUT" to COMPLETE my ESTEEMED-promotion.
((… SURPRISINGLY, I was awarded TWO black belts … in TWO DIFFERENT--but SIMILAR styles: BOTH designed in Okinawa, Japan.  ('Shoreiru' & 'Shuriru'))


...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive