Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"You know what separates the 'WINNERS' from the 'LOSERS'?"


"The SCORE?"    
(--Quarterback Shane Falco, 'The Replacements')
(Chuckle) "No, it's getting back (UP) 'on the horse' AFTER ' 'getting KICKED in the TEETH'."
(--Coach McGinty, 'The Replacements')

… "LIFE" VIOLENTLY STOMPED on my face, as I lay--COMATOSE--on the street.
But, I--ADMIRABLY--strive EVERYDAY to RETURN to my "KICK-ASS" life-level of HAPPINESS, SUCCESS & TRANQUILITY!
_____________________________________________________________________________

On the FATEFUL, CATASTROPHIC day of July 6th, 2008, after a SPECTACULAR workout/class at my "martial arts"-dojo (as USUAL), I was driving--QUICKLY--on the HIGHWAY, when my FRONT-LEFT car-tire  SUDDENLY, INEXPLICABLY exploded & shredded.
Ergo, I was EJECTED--OVER my seatbelt, OUT my window & ONTO the paved intrastate.
Thanks a lot, "Life-BALANCE"!
(… Sbiff, sniff, … SNIFF!  That remark REEKS of SARCASM!)
_____________________________________________________________________________

"You know, there's a R'ULE' in sports:
DoN'T do anything GREAT, if you caN'T handle the CONGRATULATIONS."
(--NFL-analyst/-commentator John Madden in the film, 'The Replacements')
_____________________________________________________________________________

"A 'REAL man' admits his 'FEARS'."
(--Coach McGinty)

I'm "TERRIFIED" of (OTHERS') STUPIDITY, (MY OWN) EMBARRASSMENT, being ALONE, my (TEMPORARY) DISABILITY's LIMITING my DESPERATE-attempt to find MY "SIGNIFICANT OTHER" (FEMALE) & (MY OWN) injury-caused "AWKWARDNESS" leading to my FURTHERING my INJURIES!
___________________________________________________________________________
...
You've GOTTA have "'HEART--miles & miles of HEART."
(--Coach McGinty)

… Despite my NUMEROUS UN-successful ATTEMPTS to IMPROVE my POSITIONING, MEMORY and/or FLEXIBILITY, I have the DETERMINATION & FAITH/BELIEF (in MYSELF) to CONTINUE my REMARKABLE "JOURNEY" to--EVENTUAL--WALKING … 'SANS' walkER.
___________________________________________________________________________

Above ALL, I/we MUST remember:
"PAIN heals.
Chicks dig SCARS.
… GLORY … lasts forever."
(Quarterback Shane Falco)

… I have NUMEROUS "SCARS":
on my right forearm,
on mu left BIG-toe,
on/in my "40%-dormant" right-fingers &
on my left shoulder.

… THOSE are merely the VISIBLE-"scars".  My "INTERNAL-'scars'" include:
-- a "T.B.I.",
-- a "BROKEN heart",
-- a (since-REMOVED) "pin" in my left hip,
-- a "pin" in my left knee
-- a LARGE "BURDEN of RESPONSIBILITY" over my EIGHT employEEs.
___________________________________________________________________________

"'FREAK-injuries' are UN-avoidable."
(--Broncos GM John Elway)
… What MATTERS is how you REACT yo said "FREAK/RANDOM-injury".

… NOW, I DO seem like … A BIT of a "FREAK", 'cuz

(… ACTUALLY, when describing MYSELF, I MUCH PREFER the term "ANOMALY"!
"FREAK" carries such a NEGATIVE-undertone.)
(  : (  )
__________________________________________________________________________
… STELLAR reaction for RECOVERY … via workouts:
"Be STUBBORN about your GOALS …
& FLEXIBLE about your METHODS."


P.S.  Any/ALL quotes (" ") are/were from the film--'The Replacements'--that I--YET AGAIN--watched this afternoon.



...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive